Deloitte Digital, eCommerce Technical Lead, London
Want to shape the future on online retail?
Are you great at working in a mixed-discipline team? Love the thinking as much as making things happen? Are you as confident talking about great creative ideas, strategy and user experience, as well as testing and KPIs?
As a senior member of our team, we need you to lead, guide, plan, explain, working alongside clients and other agency disciplines, cracking problems with a mix of technical expertise and innovative thinking. It’s how we outclass the competition and create the best digital experiences.
If that sounds like you, and you have good project experience agency or client side, this role could be the next step you’re looking for.
Where is it?
Based in our airy and bustling offices in Clerkenwell, London, with its legendary coffee machine and model train track, you’ll also have a chance to work with clients throughout Europe and beyond.
- Lead a team(s) of developers to deliver end-to-end ecommerce solutions that help our clients meet customer needs.
- Own estimates and commitments around solution design and planning.
- Collaborate with your team to ensure project and technical decisions are made together.
- Create with your team the environment and support they need to succeed. You’ll be their mentor.
- Take the lead on business development, exploring sales opportunities or helping recruit the best and most talented developers in the industry.
- Work with business analysts to develop high quality agile technical specs supported by technical designs.
- Ensure that developers on your team produce software components that meet the quality and architectural standards agreed for the team, including the documentation and implementation of unit tests, scripts and test harnesses.
- Be the custodian for risk, working with programme leadership to identify and reduce risk both within your team and for the programme as a whole.
- Work with outstanding talent across disciplines to innovate and solve some of the most exciting problems for our clients.
Overall, you’re an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer – that’s important. And you know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
We’re expanding fast, so we’re looking for people who are, by which we mean natural initiative-takers who bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
A good graduate degree (First or Upper Second) is a must, along with the right to live and work in the UK
You’ll also have
- Extensive experience developing ecommerce solutions in an agile development team including some experience operating in a Technical Team Lead role for a team developing ecommerce solutions.
- Has delivered at least two ecommerce solutions, through to deployment and go-live.
- Experience of working in a project-based environment, liaising with customers throughout the entire solution delivery lifecycle while managing their demands and expectations.
- Experience working in development teams using agile development methods and supporting tools such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with continuous integration and automated testing tools.
- Proven capability for identifying technical solutions to complex business problems.
- Experience of streamlining configuration management.
- Experience of software testing processes including the creation and execution of test scripts.
- Interest in developing the organisation, building and documenting processes, and evaluating tools.
- Knowledge of good practice around usability, maintainability and accessibility.
- Experience of design and implementation of market leading packages:
- Commerce (ATG or other java based platforms)
- Search and merchandising (Oracle Endeca, Fredhopper or similar)
- Content management (Adobe CQ, OpenText ECM, Oracle WebCenter or similar)
- Order management (IBM Sterling Order Management, Manhattan Order Lifecycle Management or similar)
- Commerce (hybris)
- Product information management (hybris, Heiler, Stibo or similar)
- Digital asset management (Adobe CQ, OpentText Media Management, Oracle WebCenter or similar)
Part Business. Part Creative. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital.
We’re a new type of creative digital consultancy that fuses strategy, tech and design to identify where businesses need to be, then get them there. Fast.
Through our studios spread across the globe, we help our clients imagine, deliver and run the future, through from customer research right through to implementation. And we love doing it.
As part of our team, you’ll work side by side with strategists, designers, researchers, engineers, writers, architects and product specialists – using your unique skills and perspective to help drive transformation from operational level to the C-suite, across a complete range of digital channels.
We believe in our people, which means giving them the support they need to get the best balance of work and life. Individuality, flexibility, diversity are things we’re passionate about. We wouldn’t be Deloitte Digital without it.
As part of our Consultancy practice your career with Deloitte Digital can take multiple paths. We will work closely with you on a career plan that fits your skills, talents and aspirations, and provide an open environment to discuss your development and progression with Deloitte.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Forecast and change the landscape of cyberspace, support clients to survive and prosper in this disruptive and ever increasingly digital age, while you support talented and more junior colleagues and impact the communities you operate within.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121387
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top