Deloitte, Developer, Forensic Technology Development Team, St Albans
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte’s growing Forensic Technology Development team.
The Forensic Technology Development team harnesses technology and the latest programming techniques to solve our clients’ most complex and immediate issues. The team designs and builds innovative solutions to compliance and risk issues in the financial crime and regulatory fields and provides specialist services to large and complex data-driven projects throughout the wider firm.
Our rapidly growing team comprises a group of specialists drawn from a wide range of different professional and technical backgrounds. If your background is in application development you will find opportunities to both grow your portfolio of skills and lead at what you do best.
As an experienced manager of teams you will enjoy mentoring, motivating and training junior team members to further develop their skills. In return for your continued success, interest and commitment, we will provide you with a variety of challenges, a comprehensive training program and a structured career path.
As a Developer (Senior Associate/Assistant Manager) you will:
- Be a member of a team building top-quality products and services;
- Be involved with the design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions;
- Develop basic and detailed program specifications ensuring that expected application performance levels are achieved;
- Have an understanding and involvement in the complete development lifecycle for products and applications;
- Understand the importance of unit and test plans, constantly looking for opportunities to improve the testing process;
- Evaluate new technologies to expand the scope of the team’s work and identify opportunities for improvement and greater efficiency;
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience of Application Design and Delivery, including .Net and web-based application and services;
- The ability to break down complex tasks into well-defined and manageable units of work;
- Intimate knowledge and passionate implementation of Agile/SCRUM development methodology.
- Database design and development experience (Microsoft SQL Server preferred);
- Exposure to reporting and data visualisation tools (e.g. Microsoft SSRS, Tableau, Qlikview); and
- Experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS) Version, TFS Build and Release Management.
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Relevant postgraduate or professional qualifications;
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (“AWS”)
- Understanding of the financial services industry; and
- Proficiency with scripting languages, such as PowerShell and the Windows command line.
In order to apply please submit your CV & covering letter online outlining why you wish to join our team.
We are Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 126077
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top