Deloitte, Consulting, Technology Delivery, Private Sector, Senior Manager/ Director, London
Our Technology Consulting Practice
Technology is an exciting and thriving area of our consulting practice. We have a diverse practice of over 700 practitioners working around the UK on challenging engagements across a wide portfolio of clients. Our breadth and depth of technical capabilities enable us to be both trusted advisors and implementation partners.
Our Delivery Service Line
Delivery is one of the core Service Areas in Technology Consulting at Deloitte, and provides clients with the advice and delivery support that they need in their complex technology programmes. Whether it is structuring, assuring, managing, delivering or setting up solutions we need the very best people to join us and strengthen our team even further. That is where you come in!
Delivery provides a range of services to help our Clients deliver business driven, technology-enabled change across their organisation. We help our Clients in many different ways:
- Define, establish and run their most complex technology-enabled change programmes
- Manage their portfolios of technology projects and programmes
- Independently assure their in-flight projects and programmes
- Recover their troubled projects and programmes
- Define, establish and run projects to select technology products or services
- Advise them on building their in-house technology delivery capability
We work across all aspects of technology delivery including digital solutions, package integration, systems integration, custom development and infrastructure.
Our Private Sector Presence
Healthcare and Life Sciences – Deloitte is the largest Life Sciences Consulting firm globally (“Healthcare Consulting Marketplace 2009-2012” – Kennedy) and provide advisory services to clients across Strategy, Operations, Human Capital and Technology.
Consumer Business – We also have one of the world’s largest Consumer Business practices and we provide advisory services to many of the leading global Consumer Business clients across the areas of Technology, Operations, Consumer, Finance, Strategy, People and Programmes.
Technology, Media and Telecommunications – We have strong TMT presence in 47 countries and across the firm we serve over 90% of the Fortune Global 500 in the TMT sector. Within Consulting we provide advisory services across the areas of Technology, Operations, Consumer, Finance, Strategy, People and Programmes.
Specific responsibilities require a combination of management, consultancy and technical skills. As a senior candidate you will be expected to demonstrate that you have experience of working with senior IT executives and helping to challenge, influence and support them delivering complex technology enabled change.
You can expect to be both technically and intellectually challenged. You will have responsibility for:
- Plan and staff engagements
- Lead engagements or a portfolio of smaller engagements; size and fees vary by grade
- Take responsibility for client billing and cash collection
- Creating, selling and delivering large scale engagements demonstrating a strong commercial awareness.
But being a Senior Manager/Director at Deloitte is not just about technical delivery and client work. Not only will you lead teams and client engagement projects, you will play a key role in the internal and market-facing growth of Delivery through leading development activities such as:
- Develop new and sell-on sales opportunities by promoting Deloitte propositions, capabilities and maintaining on-going client relationships
- Lead bids and manage the sales/negotiation process
- Lead or play a key role in co-ordinating an area of IT practice development (e.g. Training, Marketing, Communications or Recruitment)
- Develop a personal contact network across Deloitte and in the marketplace
- Support the career development of others and play a key role in team development activities
- Support the continued growth of the business through contributing to the wider development of the practice (e.g. supporting the development of propositions, training, marketing, communications and recruitment activities)
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
We want people who will embody technology delivery at Deloitte Consulting – people who understand the connection between the business problem and the technology solution and have the professional and personal skills to make a real difference to our Clients.
As such, candidates should be able to demonstrate experience of successfully leading teams within several of the following areas:
- Programme or project management in a technology environment
- Programme/Project Management Office in a technology environment
- Technology Portfolio Management Procurement of technology solutions or services
- Managing 3rd party organisations or vendors within a technology programme
- Managing near-shore and off-shore teams within a technology programme
- Solutions that transform the customer experience e.g. digital solutions
- Application design/Application development and configuration
- IT Testing
In addition, you will also have strong communication and stakeholder management skills and be able to demonstrate proactive management of your career and professional development to-date.
All candidates must have full travel mobility and the right to live and work in the UK. A good graduate degree (1st or Upper Second) is required combined with a number of years’ experience in Private Sector industries.
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value – we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers – answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121629
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top