Deloitte Consulting – Post Close Acquisition Governance Manager
Deloitte Consulting – Acquisition Portfolio Manager
Do you enjoy helping businesses reach their growth potential? If so, you may be interested in a role in Deloitte Consulting’s Corporate Development (CCD) Team. As a manager of the acquisition portfolio, you will have the unique opportunity to be involved in a broad range of activities that are instrumental in help drive strategic and financial value from Deloitte Consulting’s acquisition portfolio.
This person is a key resource in post-close portfolio project management and helps support the overall CCD governance structure and performs supporting analysis of business performance. This includes managing the content for monthly and quarterly Steering Committee discussions, coordinating with US CD on meetings owned by the Firm, consolidating individual property reporting into portfolio views for various stakeholders, monitoring action items from the various meetings, and performing strategic assessments as well as ad-hoc analyses as required by the businesses.
This role will enhance your understanding of the M&A life cycle, especially once an investment has been purchased and begins integration under the Deloitte Consulting umbrella. You will see how acquisitions support the overall Consulting strategy and drive growth. The opportunity will allow you to build relationships with leadership across Deloitte Consulting’s various Service Areas and Service Lines, and the Executive and Management Committees.
Work You’ll Do
The Manager role manages the acquisition portfolio through performance reporting, proactive analyses and strategic assessments. The Manager will work with other full-time Consulting Corporate Development resources and regularly interface with acquisition business sponsors. Specific responsibilities of the role will include:
- Working with Business Sponsors to understand performance, challenges, and risks
- Formulating agendas and discussion topics for Board meetings
- Monitoring strategic intent and conducting strategic assessments of acquired assets
- Utilizing independent judgment in identifying an investment’s emerging and key issues
- Conducting research and summarizing the results on key strategic issues impacting an investment in the post-merger state
- Drafting communications and resources to educate Deloitte Business Sponsors on relevant post-merger matters, as well as other specific audiences such as, PPDs, when relevant
- Pursuing other activities based on the evolving needs of the CCD group
- Minimal travel expected
The Manager works closely with key stakeholders including U.S. Firms’ Corporate Development team, Business Sponsors and other members of the extended team.
How You’ll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
- 4+ years of Strategy Consulting, Banking or Financial Advisory experience
- Expertise in strategic and operational analysis required
- Familiarity with Deloitte financials and enterprise data is a plus
- Bachelor Degree Required
- Ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative information to formulate assessments
- Expertise in dealing with all management levels within an organization, and ability to work within a matrix organizational structure
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with demonstrable experience in consistently delivering high quality results
- Ability to work well within a team, particularly in a virtual mode with remote resources
Relevant Business Skills:
- Excellent team player
- Strong written, oral and presentation based communication skills
- Ability to manage work and meet specific deadlines, highly organized and self-sufficient, with high energy and enthusiasm
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and developing solutions to ambiguous problems
- Adaptable and flexible
- High integrity – honors commitments: consistent and predictable follow-up
The Deloitte Consulting Corporate Development Team is composed of professionals with deep expertise in organic and inorganic growth strategy, development of business models, financial analysis and reporting and M&A transaction execution and integration. Together, they drive strategic investments for our practice that deliver transformational growth and incremental earnings.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to nourish and build a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NYCCMGRLN009-ST
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top