Deloitte, Consultant/Senior Consultant, Financial Services, Strategy Consulting, London
The Monitor Deloitte Financial Services practice is looking for individuals with experience in strategy consulting or a similarly rigorous internal strategy role within a financial services business.
Our team is widely recognised by our clients for its insight, expertise and the quality of our work.
Our culture is collaborative and supportive of your personal and professional development. Our track record of commercial success and our growth ambitions can provide you with an excellent platform for your career.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are willing to travel (principally within the UK), and have a passion for addressing the challenges and opportunities facing the financial services industry.
About Monitor Deloitte Financial Services
Monitor Deloitte Financial Services practice has a strong and growing presence across all sectors, with particular expertise in banking, payments and insurance. Our strong relationships together with the depth and breadth of the skills we bring mean we have been at the heart of some of the most interesting recent developments in the sector.
The nature of our work
We bring a rigorous, evidence-based analytical capability to help senior Executives solve pressing and complex issues, bringing insight and delivering value through pragmatic, actionable recommendations.
Our approach is to work collaboratively with our clients to understand market dynamics, how these are driving change, identify opportunities and develop strategies to respond.
The nature of our work varies, but includes:
- forecasting anticipated future market trends and the competitive environments in which our clients operate;
- developing organic growth strategies based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs (‘customer-led growth’);
- defining opportunities for inorganic growth;
- working with clients to understand and shape strategic options ahead of key investment decisions;
- applying a structured approach to innovation to develop new strategies and propositions;
- helping our clients understand how to adapt their strategies to respond to regulatory change;
- defining how to answer the opportunities and challenges brought about by new digital technologies;
- designing the strategic operating model, establishing required capabilities and optimising incentive structures across markets and within client organisations to deliver strategic objectives.
The nature of the role
As part of Monitor Deloitte’s Financial Services strategy consulting team, you will work closely with outstanding, experienced individuals, both inside Deloitte and at our clients.
As a Senior Consultant you would gain a wide variety of skills and experiences, across a range of engagements and clients. Your responsibilities will include:
- executing rigorous and insightful analysis to build an evidence base to support strategy development and change;
- managing and support junior resources in order to ensure successful project delivery;
- working closely with clients and others and developing strong professional relationships;
- liaising with other internal teams to deliver a seamless client experience;
- proactively developing your own skills, seeking feedback, building knowledge, and sharing your insight with colleagues;
- supporting the management of the practice and successful business development.
The analytical thinking and understanding of real-world strategy application that you will develop in your engagements will be central to your own personal development. We offer a structured career path and invest in continuous development and learning. In addition, the industry contacts you will make and the experience of working with the wider Deloitte network will prove invaluable to your future career, at Deloitte or elsewhere. Finally, new joiners value our strong team ethos and the collaborative nature of our working culture.
At Deloitte, your colleagues and clients will set the bar high. We require more than just a strong CV showing high performance and excellent academic credentials. We are looking for people who enjoy addressing complex problems in an analytical manner, with a proven record for effective delivery in a project environment, and with a keen interest in Financial Services.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience in a consulting or in-house strategy role in the Financial Services industry;
- Experience in one or more of our core propositions: growth strategy, digital strategy, innovation, transformation and M&A;
- flexibility to travel.
Additional desirable attributes include:
- A post-graduate qualification from a leading institution, for example an MBA, CFA, CIMA, ACCA.
Requisition code: 120864
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top