Deloitte, Consultant/Associate Director, Private Client Services, Tax, London
We are currently seeking talented Consultants and Associate Directors for roles in the Private Client tax team. You will have the opportunity to develop your experience and knowledge advising our diverse client base on their complex tax affairs.
Deloitte's Private Client tax team are recognised as a market leader in this area and our team is multi-disciplinary, focussed on proactively delivering the very best advice to our clients, with whom we seek to build deep and lasting relationships. In addition to advising high and ultra-high net worth individuals and their family offices in respect of their personal tax affairs, within the team we also specialise in advising fund managers on fund structuring and other tax matters.
Your role will be diverse and challenging, working with either ultra-high net worth individuals or fund managers (or sometimes both) across all aspects of personal tax and with a particular focus on the taxation of non-UK domiciled individuals and related matters.
We take individual development very seriously and as well as the opportunity to work on a range of diverse and challenging clients with direct interaction with senior members of the team, you will also receive continuous on the job training. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive, ensuring you receive ongoing supportive feedback to help you achieve your goals.
Role type: Permanent role
You will have responsibility for the following:
- Providing tax advice to high net worth individuals in relation to their complex personal tax affairs with a focus on non-UK domiciled individuals, often dealing with complex international wealth structures
- Management of tax compliance services provided to our clients through our Compliance Centre of Excellence
- Reporting to senior members of the team, including regular interaction with the partner group and managing and helping to develop more junior members of the team
- Taking responsibility for client relationships and liaising directly with clients and third parties
- If working in the funds space, advising fund managers on tax matters including carried interest and co-investment structuring, management incentivisation and deferral, and structuring of management entities
- This will also often involve advice on the interaction of carried interest and the remittance basis rules (particularly given recent changes)
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the respective roles you must have:
- Technical skills
- Good understanding of relevant tax legislation, being qualified ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification or experience
- Highly numerate with keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Practical skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong client engagement experience
- Able to take ownership and use initiative to resolve problems
- Ability to exercise appropriate level of judgement
- Drive and ambition to succeed and exceed our clients' expectations and a pro-active approach to personal development
- Communication skills
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment rapidly and to respond to clients appropriately in this context
- Management skills
- Good team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Experience of delegation and interest and skills to develop more junior members of the team
We are Tax
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
Our consultative approach adds significant value to our clients' businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you'll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals. This variety of work means you'll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, we'll also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 118718
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top