Deloitte, Consultant, Organisational Change Management – Technology Adoption - Financial Services, Human Capital, UK
The Human Capital practice works with colleagues across Audit, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory to provide innovative and integrated people-focused solutions to clients from a diverse range of industries.
Our practice has three distinct go-to-market capability teams:
- HR Transformation;
- Organisation Transformation & Talent;
- Programme Leadership.
As part of one of these teams, you will have the opportunity to work with one or many elite clients in:
- Consumer Business
- Technology, Media and Telecoms
- Energy and Resources
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Public Sector
- Financial Service industry
Deloitte is looking for experienced organisational change management professionals to work with our clients to help them implement and embed technology-enabled change. This type of work focuses on the behavioural, process and technology changes required to successfully adopt and fully exploit new solutions including SAP and Oracle; cloud solutions such as Workday and SaaS; custom-built solutions; and others. Our approach encompasses change management, communications, end-user learning solutions and benefits realisation, and we work with our clients from analysis and recommendations through to implementation and beyond.
The Organisational Change Management – Technology Adoption role sits within the Technology Adoption Centre of Excellence (CoE) within our Organisation Transformation and Talent team. The Technology Adoption CoE is a growing team employing consulting professionals with experience across a number of areas such as organisational transformation, programme and change management, IT transformation, process definition/mapping, business requirements development and analysis. Applicants for this role are expected to have technology implementation experience, and, ideally, will have worked with technologies such as SAP and Oracle ERP suites, Workday and Salesforce.com.
Consultants will participate in a variety of projects across multiple industries and are responsible for one or more of the following: developing change strategies, benefits realisation, stakeholder engagement, communications, change impact analysis, business readiness and deployment planning, and training needs assessment and development. Applicants must be able to demonstrate expertise in at least one of these change management disciplines.
Based on experience, applicants will be considered for consultant level and senior consultant level roles.
As a consultant for Deloitte UK, extensive travel within the UK is likely with potential for projects outside the UK as well.
You will have responsibility for:
- Applying behavioral tools to assess and manage the impact of change on organisations, using assessments of organisational culture, performance, and readiness for change
- Contributing to the development of work plans as an integral team member for specific components of engagements,
- Interviewing clients' employees, management team and other stakeholders,
- Running focus groups and facilitating workshops,
- Learning new technologies along with related business processes, and preparing communications and training materials for end users
- Preparing business proposals/presentations and demonstrating strong writing skills,
- Contributing to the growth of the practice, by networking internally, and supporting new business proposals and presentations.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Relevant experience in an industry or consulting team-oriented environment in corporate operations, management and/or human resources-related fields;
- Experience of major ERP system implementations, such as, SAP or Oracle and/or cloud-based applications, such as, Workday or Salesforce.com;
- Excellent facilitation, communication and data analysis skills;
- Experience of managing client relationships, including previous consulting experience;
- Experience of contributing to business development, including supporting bids for new technology adoption clients.
- Proven experience in multiple organisational change management skills, including stakeholder identification and analysis, detailed change impact assessment, end-user training, and developing and executing organisational change management plans (note this applies to Senior Consultant candidates only)
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Knowledge of typical of Finance, Operational and/or HR functions and processes
- Honed diplomatic skills, be excellent at networking, building working relationships with diverse and cross functional teams
- Ability to perform intermediate/advanced computer skills (e.g., MS Office, etc)
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changes in workload, systems and processes with resilience and a positive attitude
- Ability to handle multiple, conflicting deadlines without letting the quality of work suffer
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and remain detail orientated.
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world's largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it's these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It's why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client's needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We're also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it's about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121446
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top