Deloitte, Consultant – Manager, Technology, Tech Futures, London
Technology is an exciting and thriving competency within our Consulting Service Line. We have a diverse team with around 1700 people working on challenging engagements across a wide portfolio of clients, and operating from many offices around the UK. Our breadth and depth of expertise enables us to work with FTSE 100 clients to help define, shape and successfully deliver some of their most complex technology projects. The quality of our technical skills is enhanced through our practical knowledge of implementation and our ability to team with each other. Our tools and methodologies add to the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of our work.
Working with some of the leading technology vendors in the UK, our rapidly growing Tech Futures team is integral to the delivery of new solutions and propositions for clients and getting us closer to the innovative technologies in 'Tech City'. Working with other practitioners from within the Technology competency and across the Deloitte service lines as a whole, these teams build and maintain alliance relationships with leading technology providers and provide the bridge between business and technology innovation, to deliver great value to our clients on technology-enabled business transformation.
Your role will focus on providing expert advice and the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as business development and practice development activity. You will have responsibilities for:
- Delivering technology and strategy related advice to our clients
- Bridging the gap between technology and business innovation, articulating complex technology issues to a business audience
- Producing and presenting reports, business cases and other client deliverables
- Supporting proposal development and the continued growth of our business through contributing to the wider development of the practice (e.g. supporting the development of propositions, training, marketing, communications and recruitment activities)
For manager grade, you must have a:
- broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must be able to demonstrate skills and experience in the following:
- An understanding of emerging and innovative technologies, for example Cloud, and how to shape IT strategy and delivery in order to leverage those technologies
- Shaping and delivering innovative technology propositions that can be employed in technology-enabled change programmes
- Experience working with technology vendors and understanding of industry leading technology to support joint alliance proposition development
- Actively position joint alliance solutions and services with client delivery teams to support the delivery of work
- Identifying and executing strategic opportunities to grow vendor alliance relationships and new tech 'start up' partnerships
- Ability to articulate and present propositions and initiatives to senior management to help successfully grow our Tech Future present in key accounts
- Experience in developing and delivering internal marketing campaigns for innovative technologies that can be utilized across the technology practice.
- Support the fulfilment services for client opportunities across service lines
- A good graduate degree (1st or Upper Second) from a reputable university
- Commitment to travel to client locations and the right to live and work in the UK
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Familiarity with industry-recognised methodologies (e.g. CMMI, Lean, TOGAF)
- Post-graduate experience – either consulting or in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Public Sector (Central and /or Local and Regional Government, healthcare and education), Consumer Goods, Retail, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Energy and Utilities, Telecoms, Media, Technology
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world's largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it's these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It's why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client's needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We're also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it's about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121375
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top