Deloitte, Consultant – Manager, Technology, Data Centres, London
Technology is an exciting and thriving competency within our Consulting Service Line. We have a diverse team with around 1700 people working on challenging engagements across a wide portfolio of clients, and operating from many offices around the UK. Our breadth and depth of expertise enables us to work with FTSE 100 clients to help define, shape and successfully deliver some of their most complex technology projects. The quality of our technical skills is enhanced through our practical knowledge of implementation and our ability to team with each other. Our tools and methodologies add to the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of our work.
Our Data Centre team helps clients develop pragmatic solutions to answer some tough questions about their IT infrastructure: How should they navigate the post-PC era? How can they realise the benefits of Cloud Computing? Where does it make the most sense to build their data centre?
With a business-aligned and multi-dimensional approach we help our clients deliver efficient, effective and flexible infrastructure through each stage of the delivery lifecycle:
- Strategy: Assess technical options and develop data centre and infrastructure strategies aligned with business priorities
- Delivery: Plan, source and manage major infrastructure delivery and migration programmes
- Operation: Assess and improve an organisation's IT operations, resources and services
You will focus on providing expert advice and assisting with the delivery of client engagements, as well as internal practice development activities. You will be using technical and business skills in your delivery role to:
- Deliver expert data centre related advice to our clients in areas that include:
- Data centre strategy, sourcing and consolidation
- Data centre resilience
- Data centre migration
- Core data centre infrastructure
- Server and storage applied in a broad data centre context (architecture, farms, replication)
- Private, public and hybrid cloud
- Hosting and managed services
- Infrastructure service continuity and disaster recovery
- Understand the technology, the vendors and industry in which our clients operate
- Bridge the gap between IT and the business, articulating complex technology issues to a business audience
- Produce and present reports, business cases and other client deliverables
- Support proposal development and the continued growth of the business through contributing to the wider development of the practice (e.g. supporting the development of propositions, training, marketing, communications and recruitment activities)
For manager grade, you must have a:
- broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must be able to demonstrate skills and experience in the following:
- Understanding in one or more of the following technology areas:
- Data centre strategy
- Data centre migration
- Finance and sourcing of infrastructure managed services or cloud
- Infrastructure cost reduction
- Cloud (private, public and hybrid)
- ERP infrastructure
- Converged infrastructure
- Understanding of the procurement lifecycle, requirements gathering, evaluation techniques
- A good graduate degree (1st or Upper Second) from a reputable university
- Commitment to travel to client locations and the right to live and work in the UK
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Familiarity with industry-recognised methodologies (e.g. CMMI, Lean, TOGAF)
- Post-graduate experience – either consulting or in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Public Sector (Central and /or Local and Regional Government, healthcare and education), Consumer Goods, Retail, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Energy and Utilities, Telecoms, Media, Technology
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world's largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it's these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It's why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client's needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We're also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it's about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121382
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top