Deloitte, Consultant, Innovation Tax, Leeds
The Innovation Tax team works with a diverse range of clients to identify and collate support for claims for the enhanced tax relief available for Research & Development activities. The team comprises tax and costing specialists, working together with scientific or engineering staff with industry backgrounds. Based in Leeds, the successful candidate will join an established team focussed on projects in the region, and will have extensive opportunities to work across the national project portfolio. In addition to fulfilling the core tax/costing specialist role, the job holder will also take on project management roles and be expected to contribute to business development activities as they progress.
You will have responsibility for:
- Working with the clients' finance staff to identify and collate the associate qualifying costs
- Interpreting the tax rules governing the relief to ensure that only appropriate costs are included, working with engineers and scientists to ensure that the eligible activities are appropriately matched to the relevant costs
- Preparing the detailed analyses to support the figures included in the claim
- Assisting in the preparation of responses to HMRC enquiries.
- Managing own workload, and taking on wider project management role for selected projects.
- Contribute to business development activities.
- Training and development of more junior staff.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Strong academic background minimum 2.1 Degree or equivalent
- Proficient in using Excel
- Team worker
- Good communication skills for both internal and external discussions
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Problem solver
- Knowledge of the R&D tax relief regime is preferred
About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Requisition code: 133431
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top