Deloitte, Consultant, Information Delivery, Analytics and Information Management, Technology, Consulting, London
Analytics & Information Management (AIM) is an exciting and thriving area of Deloitte’s technology consulting practice and looking to continue its growth. Our practitioners work on challenging projects with leading FTSE 100 clients across strategy, advisory and implementation. The Information Delivery team is a core part of AIM and provides clients with advice and delivery support in Information Management as part of complex technology programmes. We work with leading cutting edge technology platforms and tools, such as Amazon Web Services, Hadoop and NoSQL technologies. We help our clients with all the aspects of data management from developing their analytics or data strategies, through to implementing solutions to deliver their strategy. Our practitioners possess strong communication skills, with the ability of communicating any complicated concepts to business audiences with ease. They are the data enthusiasts and are keen on tackling complex technical challenges and delivering tangible value for our clients.
As an Information Delivery Consultant you will be encouraged to devise innovative solutions to help our clients address their biggest data challenges. Typical roles include the development of Big Data and NoSQL technology solutions, the analysis of source data for an Information Delivery project, developing an Information Delivery solution using commercial ETL software, or leading on a Data Quality analysis project. In your role, you will have responsibility for deliverables and client stakeholder relationships, and could be leading a team to deliver solutions for our clients using agile methodologies. You will often be working in multi-disciplinary teams across a range of industries, subject matter and locations. If this sounds like you, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
Our consultants work in variety of projects to solve clients’ toughest data problems by combining industry experience, consulting and analytical skills; and deep understanding of technology and capabilities to create a lasting impact. Whether it is structuring, assuring, managing, developing or delivering technology solutions, we need the very best people to join us and strengthen our team even further. That is where you come in.
Our projects vary greatly and your responsibility will differ based on the focus of the client engagement and your skillsets, but could include:
- Talking to client stakeholders to gather and understand business requirements
- Assessing the As-Is Information Delivery solution and suggest an efficient to-be solution
- Building a product roadmap for our clients solutions, planning the delivery of features and user stories in a series of Agile sprints
- Contributing to the Solution Architecture of an operational Information Delivery or analytical data warehousing solution
- Designing an enterprise data lake to cater to a client’s data storage needs, to enable analytics across a global company
- Developing a real-time data warehouse to help our clients respond to customer behavior as it happens
- Developing a cloud based Information Delivery platform which allows our client’s apps to talk to each other, and lets our client get real-time insight from the movement of data between their technology components
- Leading the assessment of a client’s existing Data Quality to understand the impact of data issues on their business
- Leading a SCRUM team of Information Delivery developers, potentially onshore and offshore
- Investigating and understanding trends in open source data technology development, such as Apache projects and the work of leading tech companies such as Facebook and Netflix
- Assisting in the further development of our market leading analytics and information management offerings and help produce proposal documents to showcase our capabilities to clients
- Contributing to the development of our thriving Information Delivery and Information Management community
The Information Delivery team includes practitioners who have technical, industry and functional expertise in moving and shaping data. Along with the understanding of core technical areas in information management, the successful candidate is also expected to possess demonstrable knowledge in key consulting areas. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in data and experience of operating in a client facing or consultative environment and the ability to work as part of integrated team or as an individual. The candidate should be analytically minded and have the ability to assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge to deliver insights and solve problems.
In addition, the candidate should have working knowledge and at least two years of experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Architecting, designing and implementing Big Data technologies for use cases such as an Enterprise Data Lake or Real Time Data Warehouse, using cutting edge technologies such as Spark and Kafka
- Development of solutions in both on premise and cloud environments using leading cloud vendors such as Amazon Web Services
- Database development and maintenance using tools such as Hadoop, Amazon Redshift, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Netezza, Teradata, etc.
- Data Migration design and build including Migration Strategy and approach, Source & Target system analysis, mapping, ETL development and data reconciliation
- Data Quality implementation which includes DQ vendor selection, Data Analysis and profiling, Data Integrity, Data Cleansing and monitoring using the tools such as Trillium, SAS, IBM and Informatica
- Working with business and technology stakeholders to explain the importance of data management, including master data management, good data quality, and governance required to drive ownership and accountability of data
- Design and build of the Information Delivery and federation architecture based on solution requirements e.g. Batch and Real time, source and target system analysis, Information Delivery design using platforms such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Informatica, Ab-Initio, Talend etc.
- Design and development of solutions using NoSQL database platforms such as Cassandra and MongoDB
- Designing business intelligence and reporting solution architecture, such as Oracle OBIEE, Microsoft SSRS, Cognos BI, Tableau, QlikView, etc.
- Master Data Management Strategy, roadmap, vendor selection and implementation using market leading tools such as Oracle, Informatica, IBM, etc.
- Performance testing and tuning of Information Delivery solutions, enabling them to process millions of transactions per second
Along with the above, candidates should have education to degree level or equivalent experience, ideally in technology, engineering, or mathematical subjects. Candidates must be willing to travel within the UK. There are also opportunities for international travel.
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value – we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers – answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121443
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top