Deloitte, Consultant, Indirect Tax, Tax, Birmingham
The Midlands Indirect Tax Team has grown rapidly over the last 5 years and to continue that growth needs high calibre additional resource at Assistant Manager, Manager and Senior Manager. Our team is regarded within the firm as one of the leading and most successful service lines, with a reputation for being proactive, entrepreneurial, successful and fun to work with. We reward our employees on merit and not time served.
Working for us will present you with the opportunity to get involved in high profile cases early on in your career and expand your horizons. Your skill set will be enhanced with us as you work across our different tax services groups. From an early stage you will find that work is shared from our partners to the team providing you with the opportunity to take on responsibility earlier in your career. As you are given the autonomy to establish your own contacts within a client and reach your own solutions your independence will be accelerated. It is up to you to take this independence and build your own network. Whilst autonomy is encouraged the team network will always be there for if and when you need support and advice.
Our work is varied and involves advising on all of the main indirect taxes including VAT, Customs Duties, Insurance Premium Tax and, increasingly, Environmental Taxes.
This is a permanent role
You will have responsibility for:
- Assisting with business development initiatives on target accounts, contributing to winning new work
- Leading existing client engagements, reporting direct to a partner
- Assisting with the developing less experienced staff with hands on advice and support
- Input into development of new market opportunities locally and nationally with an opportunity to lead the market development of the new ideas
- Contributing to enhancement of relationships with targets and clients
- Identifying cross service line opportunities
- Contributing to existing team spirit and ensuring coming to work is fun
- Managers and Senior Managers will also have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
We also encourage specialisation in industry sectors where we and you believe there are untapped opportunities
- ATT or CTA or equivalent qualification or experience
- Prior UK VAT experience gained within professional services or HMRC
- Excellent client facing, relationship building and business development skills, coupled with commercial awareness
- The ability to be proactive, identify opportunity and take early responsibility
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging work environment
- Strong team skills with good organisation, planning and leadership skills
- Sound people management skills
- A broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
You are here: Tax
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
Our consultative approach adds significant value to our clients’ businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you’ll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals. This variety of work means you’ll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, we’ll also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Describe, in an engaging way, how this role will be able to make an impact that matters on clients, people and strategy. Must be detailed and practical and really linked with the specific role or job family.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 122360
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top