Deloitte, Consultant, Business Tax, Birmingham, Nottingham
Join Deloitte’s successful Corporate Tax team for genuine development and career progression opportunities within a challenging and stimulating environment. Be part of a team where hard work and ambition is rewarded, whilst gaining exposure to a wide variety of projects which are sure to enhance your interpersonal and tax technical skills.
Achieve your aspirations by working with the best in the market!
As a Consultant in our Corporate Tax team you will have ample opportunity to broaden your experience and knowledge across the wider business tax area. Your role will be truly varied involving a range of tax advisory areas including M&A, transfer pricing, restructuring and entrepreneurial work. This means you will have the opportunity to enhance your generalist technical skills and knowledge.
You will become part of an extremely successful practice. This means you will have plenty of room for development opportunities as well as the chance to learn and work with the market leaders. As a Consultant you would be assigned your own portfolio of clients which will allow you to take ownership of your workload, whilst delivering great service to a variety of businesses.
We are looking for Consultants to join the Midlands team. We take your development very seriously and foster a nurturing environment. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive – you’ll receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself.
The role involves:
- Providing tax technical advice on a variety of projects, which could include cross border transactions, large scale restructuring, transfer pricing and M&A
- Review of UK corporation tax returns
- Calculation of tax provisions for inclusion in financial statement
at the upper end of the Consultant level the role involves:
- broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To be considered you must possess:
- ACA/CTA Qualification or equivalent qualifications
- Experience of advising clients on UK Corporate Tax issues.
- Significant experience working within a Tax environment is preferred, although applications from qualified individuals with experience of other disciplines (eg. audit) would be considered
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as sound written and oral skills
- Experience of assisting in developing and maintaining client relationships
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
We are Tax
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
Our consultative approach adds significant value to our clients’ businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you’ll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals.
This variety of work means you’ll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, we’ll also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 129764
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top