Deloitte, Associate Director, Employment Taxes, Reward, Tax, London
Are you a qualified Tax or Audit professional seeking a new challenge? Deloitte are looking for individuals with a background in either audit or tax to move into an exciting and specialist area of our business. You must be qualified (ACA, CTA etc), however a tax background is not a ‘must have’ to apply for this position – we welcome candidates from a broad range of backgrounds.
Deloitte has a longstanding reputation of expertise in the field of employment taxes consulting, built up over many years of advising a wide range of UK and global companies. We are offering a unique opportunity to work in a stimulating environment, with an exceptional team, advising a prestigious client portfolio.
This successful and expanding team is experiencing growth even in the current challenging environment. This means that there is ample room for career development and progression. We will provide you with the tools to reach your full potential and beyond, with no barriers.
Achieve your aspirations by working with the best in the market.
Join a fast-growing practice, where you’ll work with like-minded people who are at the forefront of their chosen field. Enjoy a stimulating and challenging environment, with a focus on teamwork and outstanding client service.
Our Employer Consulting Opportunities practice helps clients to minimise costs that arise in relation to employees, develop tax effective compensation packages, and manage employment taxes compliance.
Associate Director’s will have responsibility for:
- The design and implementation of global and UK tax efficient remuneration, ensuring that the plan designs are aligned to the wider business objectives of the organisation
- Assisting clients with employment tax issues related to transactions (and due diligence) including structuring employee plans in the context of company sales, purchases, floatation’s and other transactions
- Researching employment taxes issues
- Providing advice around expenses and benefits planning and cost reduction planning
- Assisting clients with employment taxes compliance and dealing with HMRC on their behalf
- Advisory work for clients. For example, drafting correspondence to HMRC, participating on annual compliance projects, drafting advice to clients on various employment tax matters and considering the tax implications of proposed remuneration structures
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Benefiting from early client exposure and learning from the top practitioners in the field, you will be involved in client meetings and encouraged to contribute or lead where appropriate.
- We take your development very seriously. You’ll benefit from continuous training and a transparent, interactive appraisal process. With no micromanagement or quotas for promotion, you’ll be empowered to manage your own workload and achieve career goals that you set yourself.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Full appreciation of current tax legislation, being qualified ACA or CTA, or equivalent qualification or experience
- Highly numerate with keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong client engagement and management experience with the ability to develop new business
- Able to take ownership and use initiative to resolve problem
- Ability to exercise appropriate level of judgement
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness;
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment rapidly and to respond to clients appropriately in this context
- Good team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels;
- Experience of leadership and delegation.
We are Tax
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
Our consultative approach adds significant value to our clients’ businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you’ll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals. This variety of work means you’ll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, we’ll also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 108744
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top