Deloitte, Assistant Manager, Model Delivery, Risk Advisory, London
Financial institutions face a period of unprecedented regulatory change in terms of the number of new initiatives, their complexity and the interplay between different regulations.
Against this backdrop Deloitte has created a Credit Risk Modelling team to assist clients in delivering, streamlining and transforming end to end design, development, validation and implementation of credit risk models. This team assists financial institutions across the Model Risk Management lifecycle and is widely regarded in the market place as the leading Credit Risk Modelling team.
The primary objective our team is to design, build and implement credit risk models within the financial services industry, advising and influencing clients on how best to drive value in the face of an ever increasing and complex regulatory agenda.
In response to the growing demand for the team’s services from internal and external clients, we are looking for an Assistant Manager to work with us to help drive forward the credit risk model execution and implementation agenda within the existing team.
The successful applicant will enjoy an unparalleled opportunity to develop their credit risk modelling skills and experience which are invaluable in today’s market place.
You will work closely with the Credit Risk Modelling team and our clients. The role will require a flexible approach to tackle a wide range of tasks including:
- Provide input into all aspects of the model deployment and execution processes including testing, validation and review based on previous experience of development, deployment, review and use of credit risk models (including but not limited to operational scorecards, capital models, impairment models, forecasting and stress testing models)
- Evaluate, design, develop and implement policies, procedures and strategies to effectively deploy and execute credit risk models and processes, consistent with regulatory requirements and/or market practice across credit risk model delivery
- Review and provide opinions on the credit risk model deployment and execution framework, including business requirements, conceptual designs, governance and controls, processes and testing of outcomes
- Develop robust and professional working relationships with team members, clients and key stakeholders
- Take a key role within credit risk model deployment and implementation teams (potentially including on-shore and off-shore resources) and having a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Develop industry contacts with data analytics and data providers (including Credit Reference Agencies) and software vendors that support the credit risk industry.
- Keep up to date with academic, technical and industry developments in the field of credit risk management, deployment and implementation
Applicants will also be required to track and quickly and efficiently review a large volume of information in order to identify and disseminate the key points in a coherent manner.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Numerical degree e.g. Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Operational Research, Computer Science
- Masters degree in a relevant quantitative/finance discipline or Professional qualification (such as PRMIA, GARP, CFA) an advantage
- Strong Financial Services experience, either as part of a Financial Services Institution, in an advisory or business consulting capacity to similar organisations or in the regulation of such institutions, particularly in the following areas: Retail Banking/ Commercial Banking/ Corporate Banking
- Good understanding of the credit risk management and delivery software available in the market which is used for credit risk management and model execution across the customer lifecycle.
- Good understanding of the deployment and execution phases within the model risk management lifecycle including associated policies, procedures and strategies employed to manage this risk
- Good understanding of the overall credit risk management lifecycle and associated credit risk and the policies, procedures and strategies employed to manage this risk
- Good credit risk management, credit risk modelling or business expertise within a Retail/Commercial or Corporate bank, with the ability to apply technical financial services regulation to practical business scenarios
- Credit risk management, credit risk processes and credit risk modelling experience
- Good awareness of the financial services industry plus knowledge of risk management regulation and practices, in particular related to Basel credit risk capital and IFRS 9 impairment
- Working knowledge in one of retail, commercial and corporate banking products.
- Strong work ethic, professional and personable
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Highly motivated, with a proven track record and ability to work on own initiative within a challenging/dynamic work environment
- Strong team player with strong organisation, planning and leadership skills
- Experience of working as a critical member in high performing project teams, taking responsibility for technical assignments
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including good oral and written communication of technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and statistical packages (e.g. SAS)
We are Risk Advisory
In a constantly evolving, complex risk environment, our market leading Risk Advisory professionals are trusted by organisations across the globe to support them in understanding, evaluating and mitigating risk.
Our clients demand industry experts who understand their challenges intimately and with whom they can build trusted relationships. They choose us because we provide bespoke solutions that deliver the power of Deloitte, bringing together: people they respect and enjoy working with; innovative technology; and an approach that allows them to make informed and intelligent risk decisions.
Our expertise spans all areas and sectors including technology risk, governance, internal audit, regulatory compliance, risk analytics, public sector and managed services. As a member of the team, you will work with inspiring, ambitious and supportive people who have diverse and extensive skills, experience and backgrounds. A move to Risk Advisory will help you to build a rewarding and balanced career.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 126324
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top