Deloitte, Assistant Manager / Manager, Treasury and Prudential Regulation, Nationwide
We are looking for an Associate or Assistant Manager to join the fast expanding Treasury and Prudential Risk advisory team within the Regional Financial Services practice. The role can be based in Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Cardiff, Bristol, Edinburgh or Glasgow. The role will involve travel, but this can be managed based on individual circumstances.
The team has grown exponentially over the past 6 years providing deep financial risk management experience and innovative solutions to global, national and regional financial services institutions. The team specialises in regulatory reporting, risk management framework implementation, stress testing, Asset & Liability management, regulatory business plan and other regulatory documentation, balance sheet optimisation, assistance in setting up of challenger Banks, financial instrument valuation and reporting, hedge accounting and risk and treasury systems implementation, Within Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to join a business focused on serving a wide range of Financial Institutions and Corporate Treasuries with fast developing business and regulatory challenges.
Given the fast changing nature of the advisory and assurance work undertaken, detailed knowledge of risk management techniques and regulatory rules is not a pre-requisite for the role. We are focused on ensuring that you develop market leading financial services, treasury and prudential regulation knowledge as well as client delivery skills that will enable you to produce the highest possible standard of work and the flexibility in creating a career path that matches your expectations.
- Updating the team and subsequently our clients on latest regulatory and risk management developments;
- Working as part of a team, assessing the design and operating effectiveness of the controls established by clients of Deloitte and making recommendations for improvement;
- Providing consultancy services to banks, building societies, insurance focussed entities and investment management firms in the areas of risk management and regulatory documentation/reporting;
- Implementing regulatory change programmes for relevant clients; and
- There are also opportunities to work on statutory external audit engagements to deliver high quality audit work and insights for our clients. This will include treasury aspects but will also cover wider areas of the financial statements to provide the breadth of experience and knowledge that will support your development
- This is a key client facing role requiring effective day to day communication with clients and responsibility for delivering work to an agreed timetable.
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a dynamic work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication & influencing skills
- Ability to manage, prioritise and deliver workload to a high quality.
- Taking responsibility for decisions.
- Strong team player with good organisation, planning and leadership skills.
- Priority will be given to candidates with experience of working within the treasury (front, middle or back office), risk or regulatory reporting departments of financial services institutions, although this is not a pre-requisite for applicants.
- Good academic record including degree and / or relevant professional qualification.
- Commitment to professional development
We are Risk Advisory
In a constantly evolving, complex risk environment, our market leading Risk Advisory professionals are trusted by organisations across the globe to support them in understanding, evaluating and mitigating risk.
Our clients demand industry experts who understand their challenges intimately and with whom they can build trusted relationships. They choose us because we provide bespoke solutions that deliver the power of Deloitte, bringing together: people they respect and enjoy working with; innovative technology; and an approach that allows them to make informed and intelligent risk decisions.
Our expertise spans all areas and sectors including technology risk, governance, internal audit, regulatory compliance, risk analytics, public sector and managed services. As a member of the team, you will work with inspiring, ambitious and supportive people who have diverse and extensive skills, experience and backgrounds. A move to Risk Advisory will help you to build a rewarding and balanced career.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 131961
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top