Deloitte, Assistant Manager / Manager, Government & Infrastructure, Financial Advisory, Manchester / Leeds
Our Government and Infrastructure (G&I) group delivers a wide range of corporate finance advisory services to public and private sector organisations. The group works across a range of sectors, including energy, defence, transport and public services. The services G&I provides include:
- Procurement advice to government for public private partnerships (PPPs), project finance, outsourcing and other service contracts between the public and private sectors;
- Advice to private sector organisations bidding for government contracts, including financial modelling, finance raising advice and negotiation support; and
- Renegotiation, refinancing and restructuring of existing contracts.
Please see our website for more information on Deloitte Government & Infrastructure.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience in a finance focussed role within government, a private sector bidder or another advisory firm working on one or more of: PPP, project finance, outsourcing, franchising or similar service contracts;
- A strong understanding of the financial and commercial aspects of government infrastructure and/or service contracts;
- Experience of working with financial models;
- An understanding of public sector procurement procedures;
- Strong written English skills; and
- A strong academic record, including a minimum of 2.1 degree or equivalent.
The following experience and qualifications would also be beneficial:
- Experience of designing and building complex financial models;
- A recognised accountancy or relevant financial qualification (full or part qualified);
- Experience of business case and/or report writing; and
- Experience of working with contractual documentation for government infrastructure and/or service contracts.
Required personal attributes include:
- Dedication to delivering quality results;
- Ability to multi-task and appreciation of the commitments to working within an advisory practise;
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving, with an ability to think laterally;
- Good project management skills and an understanding of governance requirements and risks;
- The confidence to work effectively with clients; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team.
To build an exciting future within Deloitte Government & Infrastructure in Manchester / Leeds, apply online with your CV and covering letter.
We are Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 128720
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top