Deloitte, Assistant Manager / Manager, Data Analytics, Transaction Services, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte’s growing Data Analytics Transaction Services team. Working on high profile assignments with some of the best in the field, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, with a mix of both corporate and private equity transactions, within a highly commercial, client focussed environment.
Our Data Analytics Transaction Services team provides clients with clear guidance on key deal issues and presents the insights in a concise, visual and interactive way. Typically, this involves the investigation of the target from a variety of perspectives to ensure significant value items, risks and other matters have been identified and considered by our client, assisting them in making an informed decision regarding the transaction. The team achieve this by embedding technology and innovation to a transaction. By combining tools, automation, standardization, visualization and design to provide a new and visually-driven client experience, due diligence is streamlined and focused.
Data analytics helps drive more efficient engagements by using digital and web-based reporting, accumulating codified knowledge for future benchmarking, and leads to varied and more dynamic career paths for practitioners.
- Design, build and test SQL Server databases to store, manipulate and present financial analyses
- Quickly develop an understanding of a client’s business and its drivers
- Manipulate large data sets to provide compelling, value add outputs
- Develop static & interactive data visualisations to communicate business insights to clients, with a focus on financial analysis (such as historical trading, quality of earnings, working capital, cash flow, etc.)
- Collaborate extensively with Deloitte engagement teams and clients, to assist project teams with financial analysis and data presentation
- Clearly and effectively communicate requirements, timelines and insights to both internal Deloitte team members, as well as clients
- Have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL /TSQL, particularly developing and troubleshooting SQL Server code to produce data analytics and automation
- Working knowledge of Tableau. Knowledge of Qlikview and other BI tools an asset, but not essential
- Ability to ETL client data to facilitate analysis / visualization
- Ability to manage, analyse and present findings from large volumes of data
- Previous relevant work experience, with a focus on data analytics and automation
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Accounting and finance background preferred
We are Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 124143
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top