Deloitte, Assistant Manager, Internal Audit, Financial Services Advisory, North
Deloitte is a premier professional services firm with 11,000 staff in the UK. We are renowned in the marketplace for our innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering an outstanding quality of client service, and enabling our own people to excel in everything they do. Deloitte’s breadth and depth of services make it a leading force in its chosen areas of business – audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory. Deloitte takes pride in a long-standing reputation for providing an efficient service, an independent approach and world-class expertise.
We would like to continue the development of our North Financial Services Internal Audit team through recruitment at Assistant Manager and Manager level. Deloitte offers successful candidates a unique career opportunity in a supportive, challenging and fast-growing environment. As part of our successful team you will play an integral part in driving the business forward and play a part in maintaining and growing the practice – you will be part of a growing team, with a strong identity, leadership and direction.
Our Financial Services Advisory Group specialises in assisting firms in the development of their governance, risk and compliance arrangements. Our specialist team advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions to maximise opportunities. This includes helping our clients prevent and manage risk-related issues regarding financial and non-financial business processes, technology and operations. Where appropriate, our advisory services extend to the design and implementation of revised control frameworks.
The Northern Financial Services Practice focuses on Internal Audit, Operational Risk, Financial Risk, Credit Risk and Conduct Risk. Existing client engagements include the delivery of internal audit engagements on both an outsourced and co-sourced basis, as well as contributing to internal audit effectiveness reviews and the provision of advice and insight to a range of financial institutions. In addition, we are seeing increasing demand from large and high profile clients for short and medium term secondments into their Internal Audit functions.
Our team based in the North, is also part of our UK FSI National Internal Audit Practice, which specialises in supporting and advising the world’s leading Financial Services Institutions by providing a variety of high value Internal Audit services. The Practice is aligned to the various Service and Industry Lines of Deloitte, allowing it to combine specialist Internal Audit skills and capabilities with the relevant in depth industry knowledge and experience.
Members of the team not only perform leading Internal Audit engagements, but also act in an advisory and consulting capacity regarding risk management, governance and the regulatory change agenda, for a range of clients.
Responsibilities can include:
- Manage client relationships, planning and delivering a range of Internal Audit services
- Act as the key point of contact during audit assignments for stakeholder engagement
- Complete Internal Audit assignments to budget and time across a number of locations
- Work with a wide range of subject matter experts in areas such as IT, prudential regulation, conduct risk and treasury
- Drive our continuous improvement in our Internal Audit methodology
- Gain extensive knowledge of client businesses to recognise potential business opportunities and build strong relationships
- Participate in development of Deloitte’s Internal Audit thought leadership
- Have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Typical skills and experience required:
- A graduate degree, minimum 2:1, from a leading academic institution or relevant professional qualification.
- Financial Services experience preferred, either as part of a Financial Services Institution, in an advisory or business consulting capacity to similar organisations, or in the regulation of such Institutions. Particularly in the following areas: General and Life Insurance, Investment/ Asset Management, Retail Banking or Wholesale/ Investment Banking.
- Proven track record track record and solid experience of working within, or with, an Internal Audit function, or having worked within external audit.
- Good knowledge of auditing techniques (including risk assessment, audit scoping, devising audit approach, controls testing, substantive testing).
- Demonstrated track record in leading the development of deliverables (proposals, reports, presentations) to a high standard.
- Highly motivated approach, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication and influencing skills.
- Willingness to travel to clients.
We are Audit
We understand our clients’ operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 120532
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top