Deloitte, Assistant Manager, Financial Services Audit, Edinburgh/Glasgow
Our Scottish financial services practice is our largest financial services practice outside London and specialises in the provision of audit and advisory services to the financial service industry. External audit is core to our business and we leverage this skill set to support our clients in an advisory capacity in areas such as accounting and regulatory change, treasury and prudential risk, transaction services and finance transformation. Continued growth of our practice has created a need to recruit experienced professionals specialising in the Investment Management, Insurance or Banking sectors.
We are looking to recruit recently or newly qualified CAs or ACAs who will take on responsibility for the audit lifecycle, support the delivery of external audit and advisory services and take a central role in reviewing and mentoring the work of junior members of staff.
As an Assistant Manager within the Financial Services Audit practice you will have responsibility for:
- Taking responsibility for the full audit lifecycle including the planning, execution and reviewing of audit work within the Banking, Investment Management and Insurance sectors.
- Managing external audit relationships within the financial services sector;
- Supporting the delivery of advisory services within the financial services sector;
- Identifying and developing both audit and advisory opportunities with new and existing clients;
- Understanding and supporting the firm's commitment to create an inclusive culture.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/CA qualification (or equivalent).
- Working knowledge of IFRS and/or UK GAAP.
- Track record of establishing strong relationships with clients.
- Working knowledge of financial reporting and controls.
- Strong presentation, business writing and professional standards.
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Financial sector experience;
- International experience;
- Treasury and financial instruments audit and/or advisory experience;
- Finance transformation experience;
- Pensions audit experience; and
- Internal audit experience
We are Audit
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121996
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top