Deloitte, Assistant Manager, Financial Services Audit Advisory, Insurance, Reading
Deloitte is a premier professional services firm with 11,000 staff in the UK. We are renowned in the marketplace for our innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering an outstanding quality of client service, and enabling our own people to excel in everything they do. Deloitte's breadth and depth of services make it a leading force in its chosen areas of business - audit, tax, consulting and corporate finance. Deloitte takes pride in a long-standing reputation for delivering world class-expertise as part of our collaborative approach in supporting our clients.
Our financial services audit team is one of the leading practices in the region. Due to recent successes in the insurance sector we are looking to recruit individuals to support the delivery of advisory services to our clients. Our insurance clients include FTSE listed entities, foreign and privately owned organisations operating across the life & pensions and property & casualty sectors. As part of our successful team you will play an important role in maintaining and growing the practice and developing our people.
The team has a number of existing client engagements including internal audit outsource and co-source and advisory projects across finance transformation, risk, controls and other areas. In addition, we are seeing increasing demand from large and high profile clients for short and medium term secondments into their finance functions.
Due to the implementation of Solvency II across the insurance industry, many of our clients are asking for support from us as they embed the new regime. This gives us opportunities for our insurance practitioners to assist our clients in areas such as risk management frameworks, governance structures, Pillar 3 reporting, and finance transformation, working closely with actuarial and risk advisory colleagues.
Successful candidates will:
- Work on a wide range of clients across the insurance sector;
- Have the opportunity to travel within the UK to work on clients and engagements that are of interest to them;
- Participate in business development activities as we look to further expand our footprint in the insurance market;
- Have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts in areas such as actuarial, prudential regulation, conduct risk; and
- Apply their financial services and insurance knowledge to practical business scenarios.
Deloitte offers successful candidates a unique career opportunity in a supportive, challenging and fast growing environment. Career promotion and advancement will be on the basis of achievement rather than tenure.
We take your development very seriously and foster a nurturing environment. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you will receive continuous training and on-going supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. We will provide you with the tools to reach your full potential and beyond with no barriers.
As an Assistant Manager you will be responsible for:
- Managing client relationships;
- Developing advisory opportunities with new and existing clients;
- Building relationships with experts across Deloitte to deliver client focused business solutions;
- Working with our clients on implementing or reviewing aspects of their processes;
- Designing, developing and implementing corporate governance operating models and organisation design;
- Designing, developing and implementing risk appetite and overall risk management strategies;
- Providing considered views and impact assessment of current and emerging regulations on operations of Financial Services institutions;
- Applying your financial services and insurance experience to practical business scenarios; and
- Leading project teams and developing junior team members to reach their potential.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A graduate degree, minimum 2:1, from a leading academic institution or relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, IIA, CIRM, MCT or equivalent);
- experience in the insurance sector, some Life insurance experience is desirable (but not a pre-requisite), either as part of a Financial Services Institution, in an advisory or business consulting capacity to similar organisations, or in the regulation of such Institution;
- experience in insurance accounting;
- knowledge of external or internal auditing techniques (including risk assessment, audit scoping, devising audit approach, controls testing, substantive testing) (preferred, not essential);
- strong interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication, and team management;
- experience in developing project deliverables (proposals, reports, presentations) to a high standard;
- highly motivated approach, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging work environment; and
- strong team playing skills with good organisation, planning and leadership skills.
We are Audit
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 133535
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top