Deloitte, Assistant Manager, Corporate Tax, Jersey
This is an opportunity to join an offshore tax team which is part of Deloitte’s wider UK tax practice. With significant growth over the last few years, Deloitte’s tax team is expanding and creating new opportunities for talented individuals. Your work will focus on a mixture of corporate tax compliance and advisory work.
Broaden your expertise – multiply your options.
You’ll become part of a successful and growing practice. You’ll benefit from the leadership of a local, dedicated Partner and a stable, supportive team. Joining at this time of expansion, you’ll play a key part in the growth of the practice which focuses on taxation matters for local clients as well as international groups.
We take your development very seriously. You’ll benefit from continuous training and a transparent, interactive appraisal process. You’ll be empowered to manage your own workload and achieve career goals that you set yourself.
As an Assistant Manager you will be:
- Reviewing Jersey and UK company tax computations prepared by junior members of the team.
- Preparing first draft tax advisory reports, necessitating independent research and excellent writing skills.
- Undertaking tax audit work on complex structures, and reviewing tax audits prepared by the junior team;
- Helping to manage workloads and resources for the corporate team;
- Managing client billing, cash collection and profitability;
- Maintaining and developing client relationships, identifying opportunities for new work;
- Learning new skills and developing your breadth of tax knowledge.
To be considered you must possess:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA and/or CTA (or equivalent)
- Experience in compliance and advisory work including report writing, ideally with a strong background in both Jersey and UK tax;
- Experience of international tax concepts and principles (OECD Model Treaty, BEPS, EU Directives);
- Experience within the finance industry;
- Experience of managing and servicing clients;
- Experience of managing junior staff and developing individuals;
- The ability to plan and prioritise workloads, delegate effectively, meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Strong academic background.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Able to develop strong client relationships;
- Excellent in written and oral communication;
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Positive and ambitious attitude;
- Highly motivated and committed;
- An enthusiastic approach to ongoing personal technical development in what is a fast developing area.
We are Tax
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
Our consultative approach adds significant value to our clients’ businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you’ll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals. This variety of work means you’ll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, we’ll also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 129281
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top