Deloitte Assistant Manager, Banking & Capital Markets, Internal Audit, London
Deloitte's UK Financial Services Internal Audit Practice provides a full range of high value Internal Audit services to many of the world's leading financial institutions, including Banks, Brokers, Insurers, Investment Managers, Investment & Pension funds, Private Equity businesses and many more.
The Banking and Capital Markets group serves a number of blue chip clients from global universal banking groups to boutique brokerages and market infrastructure providers.
As we continue to grow and execute our plans to strengthen our market-leading position, we are looking for ambitious individuals – with a commitment to growing their career in Internal Audit – to join our team.
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide real insight and value to our clients through building deep and trusted relationships supported by the knowledge and experience of our team. Our Internal Audit leadership team combines those with who have held senior positions in the UK's leading Internal Audit functions with those who have in-depth knowledge of the respective industry from a professional or industry background. Our team also has access to the full breadth of Deloitte's wider expertise in the UK and on a global basis.
We continue to look to expand our team by attracting high performing new members, and are currently seeking Assistant Managers to support this demanding and rapidly expanding business. Deloitte offers successful candidates a unique career opportunity in a supportive, challenging and fast-growing environment. On joining our team you will become a member of our experienced hire community. You will be supported by a tailored training programme designed to align your experience to date with our Internal Audit approach.
The Assistant Manager role will include the following activities:
- Planning and execution of robust and quality focused Internal Audits in a co-source or out-source relationship.
- Support the delivery of key projects such as quality assurance reviews and methodology revisions.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our Internal Audit methodology based on your experience utilising our methodology and systems.
- Build and manage client relationships, supported by your management team.
- You will have the opportunity to obtain management responsibilities including engagement economics and supervision and coaching of junior staff.
- There will also be opportunities to contribute to proposals for new opportunities as we continue to grow the number of our clients.
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- ACA qualification (or equivalent)
- An Internal Audit qualification (ideally)
- Ideally experience of working within, or with, the Internal Audit department of a large Financial Services Institution
- Experience of executing internal audits and reporting findings to management
- Knowledge of auditing techniques including Risk assessment, Audit scoping, devising Audit approach, controls testing including sampling techniques
- Commercial awareness of current economic and market trends
- Positive and ambitious attitude
- Team leadership skills
- Highly proficient in written and oral communication
- Project management capabilities
- Aptitude with MS Word, Excel and Power-point
- Management and organisational skills
We are Audit
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121228
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top