Deloitte, Assistant Manager, Banking & Capital Markets, Corporate Treasury Advisory, London
The Corporate Treasury Advisory team forms part of the Financial Instruments Treasury and Securitisation team which is part of the Banking and Capital Markets Audit Group. Our clients are in sectors as diverse as TMT, Consumer, Energy, Aviation and Manufacturing. We continue to contribute heavily to the Deloitte response to the challenging market conditions assisting our clients in a broad range of contexts including Treasury strategies and policies, structured transactions, valuations for financial instruments, new accounting standards and specialist financial instrument input into external audits.
The team is experiencing an exceptional rate of growth which will ensure a range of exciting opportunities in the future are available. We would anticipate successful candidates working closely within our team and the wider Banking and Capital Markets Group and Corporate Audit groups as we continue to service our clients.
Role & Responsibilities
As an Assistant Manager within the Corporate Treasury team, you will have the opportunity to help us to continue to build a business focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges.
The role involves Treasury consulting relating to:
- Strategic advice on Treasury including corporate policies and KPIs
- Governance and control
- Cash and liquidity management
- Risk management including Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate, Credit and Commodity Risk Management
- Treasury technology
- Treasury transformation and benchmarking
- Financial instruments accounting advice to clients or internal colleagues
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
The role would cover many of the above areas depending on skills, experience and interest.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers, or part-qualified
- Prior experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, Risk Management, Treasury strategies, systems, Governance and Controls
- Prior advisory experience preferably in Corporate Treasury
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under either or more than one of IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Ability to interact and build business relationships with clients as well as other professionals across the firm
- Team leadership and development skills
- Desire to work in an advisory environment and build a business and a career in professional services
About the Audit Service Line
Within the Deloitte Audit Practice, we provide our clients with professional advice and assurance on their controls and accounting systems all year round. At Deloitte we understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. Together with our team you will build on our winning combination of specialist skills, industry expertise and on-going investment. Our computerised audit approach and investment in technology enables us to deliver seamless global accounting and auditing services.
The Deloitte Audit Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas including business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector Audit and also Financial Services Audit. The Practice also encapsulates an advisory element, which sets it apart from any of its competitors so outstanding and career defining opportunities within the Advisory Development Group, Risk and Regulation, Governance and Compliance as well as Risk Consulting. As one of the worlds' largest audit practices, joining us will allow you to play an integral role working for some of the leading names in the industry from owner managed businesses to large multinationals.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit, Tax, Consulting and Corporate Finance. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
Requisition code: 123860
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top