Deloitte, Assistant Manager, Bank Treasury & ALM, Banking & Capital Markets, London
The Bank Treasury Team, part of the Deloitte Financial Services Audit Group, work with a wide range of Banks and other financial institutions to provide best in class advisory capability across the UK and Europe.
We understand our clients’ industry and the issues they face, and this enables us to provide them with relevant advice. The combination of our specialist skills, industry expertise and on-going investment in this area allows us to anticipate complex business problems for our Clients and recommend appropriate action.
Exciting opportunities exist for Managers and Senior Managers to work in the Bank Treasury Team, based in London. This group is achieving growth and is continually expanding its Client base. The successful candidates will have a portfolio of clients that they are responsible for on a day to day basis. Given the variety in the size of our Clients you will obtain direct exposure to senior members of the Client and report directly to a Partner or Director.
The successful candidates will assist in the provision of a range of different service offerings provided by the Bank Treasury Team, which may include:
- Working on a wide variety of assignments, often with colleagues from other parts of Deloitte, looking to deliver value to the client in the form of first class Treasury & ALM advice
- For the Senior Manager role one aspect will be looking to establish new Treasury advisory relationships, as we seek to extend the number of entities we are working with
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Market execution experience in Capital and Treasury markets
- Strong knowledge of the Regulatory rule-set that impacts Bank Treasurers, especially Capital and Liquidity rules
- ALM experience in at least one of Liquidity or Interest Rate Risk in the banking book
- Experience of interacting with Treasurers and, for the Senior Manager role, CFOs Educated to degree level or above, with a relevant professional qualification – Association of Corporate Treasurers qualification desirable
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work under own initiative within a challenging/dynamic work environment
- Strong team player with good organisation, planning and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication & influencing skills
- For the Senior Manager role, an ability to identify sales opportunities and progress in conjunction with other team members as well as proven delivery in sales negotiation and conclusion
- Sound people management skills and experience of developing and managing a team of professional staff.
- Proven track record in management of multi-disciplinary teams of people
We are Audit
We understand our clients’ operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121106
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top