Deloitte, Assistant Manager, Accounting Advisory, Banking & Capital Markets Audit, London
Our Accounting Advisory Group is a dedicated team of professionals with deep technical accounting and financial reporting skills, in-depth knowledge of financial instruments and substantial experience of the banking and capital markets industry.
We are a client-facing group used to dealing with the practical application of accounting and financial reporting requirements and are experienced in advising clients on challenging and complex technical matters. We work closely with the Deloitte's Global Centres of Excellence to ensure a consistent robust response to accounting questions posed. As such our team are uniquely positioned to assist companies with the accounting and financial reporting challenges they face.
Exciting opportunities exist for Assistant Managers and Managers to work in the Banking and Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Growing. This group is growing and continually expanding its offerings and client base.
The successful candidates will assist in the provision of a range of different service offerings provided by the Accounting Advisory Group, which may include:
- Advising clients on IFRS and UK GAAP conversions
- Assessing the impact of new accounting standards such as IFRS 9 and assisting clients with implementation
- Advising clients on the accounting for new products and structured transactions
- Providing specialist financial instruments and transaction accounting support to audit teams and clients
- Performing accounting policy and financial statements reviews
- Providing financial instruments accounting expertise in a wide variety of cross-service line advisory projects
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- Good awareness of the financial services market
- Financial services audit experience
- Good knowledge of IFRS and / or UK GAAP, financial instruments accounting experience valuable
- Impressive analytical capabilities
- Highly proficient in written and oral communication
- Highly motivated and committed
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Project management capabilities
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- ACA qualification or (equivalent)
We are Audit
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 121104
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top