Deloitte, Assistant Director, Treasury, Financial Advisory, London
Treasury Advisory Services
As an Assistant Director within Deloitte’s Treasury Advisory Services team you will have the opportunity to help expand a business focused on serving Corporate Treasury functions with their most complex financial and treasury challenges. Our Treasury Advisory team provides a full range of treasury operating framework, banking, payments and cash management, risk management, systems, technology and reporting solutions to [the world’s leading multinational corporations].
We are currently seeking a talented individual with proven experience and knowledge in treasury technology solutions in order to help us to build and meet our rapidly increasing client opportunities. You will be part of a team that is highly motivated, has an excellent track record of delivering high quality work to a broad range of clients and has ambitious growth plans for the next few years. At the same time, you will be encouraged to initiate and develop new ideas.
You will join us with a focus on developing our market-leading treasury technology practice, whilst providing input into our continuing development of thought leadership and our market position. The role will involve developing our growing pipeline of opportunities, and ensuring that appropriate solutions for our clients are defined, designed, developed and deployed effectively through a combination of product identification, integration solutions and effective implementation.
Required areas of professional expertise include understanding core treasury areas of technology and payments, bank connectivity, financial risks, cash and liquidity management alongside general treasury knowledge in control disciplines such as processes, policy, strategy, governance, reporting and systems. Strong advisory skills and practical experience of the corporate and/or banking treasury environment would also be an advantage.
A growing business
Our Treasury Advisory Services team has grown in the past few years and continues to identify a range of exciting growth opportunities for high quality strategic and practical treasury advice. This role will be mainly client-based, developing teams and leading / supporting transformational work and change engagements as well as some business development responsibilities.
The work on offer to applicants at Assistant Director Level includes:
- Close involvement with business development activities including identifying opportunities and preparing and presenting pitches to clients.
- Delivering technology-led treasury services in all aspects of the treasury framework to ensure that appropriate solutions are developed for clients.
- Building a network of treasury connects as a trusted adviser, and developing relationships with external product and service providers.
- Contributing to our market propositions, industry trends and continued thought leadership, understanding current and emerging products/services and help drive innovation in our client solutions.
- Advising and assisting companies with the implementation of the operational aspects of both small and large scale projects, such as cash management solution implementations and treasury transformation projects.
- As a senior member of the team, you will have responsibility for developing client relationships and driving growth of the business.
Strong communication and client management skills are key elements to this role as you will be advising senior personnel on a day to day basis. As an integral member of the group and of the firm you will provide support both in delivery and business development initiatives.
We are focused on ensuring that your client portfolio meets your experience, personality and career aspirations and this in turn enables you to deliver the highest possible standard of work and the flexibility in creating a career path that matches your expectations.
To be considered, you will ideally possess strong treasury technology experience, along with some or all of the following attributes:
- Strong awareness of technology options available on the market and how these are applied to deliver improvements; likely to have been gained in a significant role in an implementation project(s).
- Previous treasury management knowledge and experience preferably from a leading consultancy.
- Industry experience gained ideally within the treasury department of a large corporate, covering all treasury management aspects at mid-to senior management level.
- Should be familiar with the emerging trends, needs and challenges of current treasury functions including technology, connectivity, cash and liquidity management, banking, payments/collections, reporting and risk management across Front, Middle and Back office.
- Experience of working within a project environment either leading or as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with clients and other professionals across the firm.
- Critical mind-set, with a natural desire and ability to ask probing questions and get to the bottom of challenges.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to write structured reports that explain complex matters in a logical and easy to understand manner to non-treasury professionals.
- Open mind-set to do a wide range of work as required to help a small but successful team expand.
- Desire to work in an advisory consulting environment and build a business and a career in professional services.
- Likely to have, or be studying for, a treasury management qualification (AMCT / MCT).
Above all though, we want your enthusiasm, energy and imagination to contribute to the team and what it can achieve.
To reach your full potential, apply now.
Salary: Market rate
We are Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 127550
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top