Deloitte, Assistant Director, Post Merger Integration, London
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte’s market-leading Post Merger Integration (PMI) team. You will develop an impressive range of commercial consulting skills that will multiply your career options. Benefiting from early client exposure and learning from some of the top practitioners in the field, you will be involved throughout the lifecycle of some of the largest, most complex and high profile deals in Europe.
Our team is a group of 60 largely London-based professionals who provide integration and separation expertise to corporate organisations, Private Equity houses and banks. Widely recognised as the most experienced, dedicated integration and separation team in EMEA, we support transactions across all industry sectors. We have worked on over 200 of the largest and most complex integrations and joint ventures. These include supporting such clients as Glencore, Xstrata, Lloyds TSB/HBoS, BA/Iberia, Travelex/MasterCard, Wolsely/Saint Gobain (Jewsons brand), Standard Life/Discovery and many more across the FTSE 100 and internationally. We have also delivered many complex separations including for clients such as Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, Wolsely, Shell and many more.
From our extensive experience, we have developed leading-edge insights into what makes mergers and separations succeed or fail. We have also developed flexible tools and methodologies that are readily adaptable to each client’s specific needs. The team brings together a number of highly skilled business professionals with cross-border implementation experience and with wide ranging language skills. Opportunities to travel (and work with our colleagues in other member firms) are common.
The Assistant Director role includes the following activities:
- Supporting clients to deliver superior shareholder returns from integration or carve out programmes.
- Working across the whole deal lifecycle, from pre-deal synergy reviews and the development of integration or separation blueprints to day 1 planning and post-deal implementation.
- Developing your consulting skills in strategic and critical thinking, programme and change management.
- Developing your expertise in benefits tracking, reporting, risk and issue management, change control and stakeholder management.
- Review of sale and purchase agreement and correlating findings of due diligence process therein.
- Assessing current operating models and developing target operating models.
- Comprehensively supporting clients in solving complex business and operational issues
- Leading teams, working independently or as part of a bigger team
As an Assistant Director you will have responsibility for:
- Project management of mid to large scale integration/separation assignments including: client interface, managing an engagement team, managing project risks/issues and tracking merger benefits.
- Production of quality deliverables (usually detailed written reports and presentations) within agreed timescales, briefing Partner/Director accordingly. On larger deals this will involve responsibility for the production of report sections
- Supporting various marketing initiatives and practice development activities (e.g. client presentations, key client account management, industry, geography, and product programmes)
- Leading and assisting pitches/proposals
- Reviewing and preparing engagement letters, demonstrating technical/risk management awareness
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
The role may involve a significant amount of travel within the U.K. and overseas, and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal.
Successful applicants will be/have:
- Worked on or delivered multiple integrations and/or separations
- An experienced consultant or line manager who has played a significant role in delivering complex programmes
- Previous experience in working with client teams to design strategies for integration/separation projects
- Experience of assisting with the design, development and delivery of numerous programmes or project initiatives
- Developed their skills in a top management consultancy or a corporate environment- preferably both
- Experience of change management and transformation initiatives
- Strong analytical and business diagnostic skills; including the ability to develop a target operating model
- Comfortable with working in a transaction environment with senior management and executives
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Degree qualified (minimum 2:1) or equivalent experience
- Full travel mobility
- Strong presentation skills
If you are excited about joining an entrepreneurial team and the chance to realise the aspirations of our clients, and their expectations of us, we look forward to hearing from you.
We are Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Requisition code: 118123
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top