Deloitte Analytics Hackathon – Saturday, Sept. 30th
Interested in Analytics? Apply for the opportunity to join us for a Deloitte Analytics Hackathon Recruitment event!
Alongside General Assembly and Represently, Deloitte is holdingntly in holding an invitation-only Hackathon Event in Washington, DC on Saturday, Sept. 30th. Each resume will be reviewed, and individuals whose experience falls into the target skills detailed below will receive an invitation to join us for the all-day event on Saturday, September 30th! The first 50 qualified applicants will be invited.
Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Federal clients through critical and complex issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career with one of Deloitte's Analytics teams.
Work you'll do
As a Consultant on one of Deloitte's Analytics teams, you will:
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
- Assist in proposal development, as requested
- Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
- Build and develop innovative and user-friendly solutions in various forms including but not limited to dashboards, web applications and predictive models
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Psychology (I/O Psychology, Sociology, Information Technology, or Hard Sciences with a focus on research and analysis
- 1+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role
- Statistical analysis experience with Python (use of statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, Stata, MATLAB, R)
- Exposure to building modern web applications/sites in a professional environment utilizing frameworks such as Django, AngularJS, Node.js, Ruby on Rails or .Net
- Experience in HTML5 and CSS3, and comfortable with preprocessors
- Comfortable with version control, preferably Git
- Understanding the principles of design, UI and user experience (UX)
- Experience delivering advanced analytics through the usage of Python, R or SQL in conjunction with Tableau or QlikView
- Experience with data mining and predictive modeling utilizing languages such as Python, R, or SQL (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with information technology solutions including server-hosted and desktop applications- prefer SQL or Visual Basic skills
- Experience in developing reports using any major BI Package (MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, Oracle BIEE or similar)
- Familiarity with Agile software development principles
General Assembly (GA) is excited to work with Deloitte Consulting's Analytics team for an exclusive hackathon on Saturday, September 30th. General Assembly is a specialized school for 21st century skills in coding, design, business and data. GA is a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. GA also helps companies to transform their workforce with intensive training, assessments, and exclusive hiring pipelines. Learn more by contacting [email protected]
Represently is a software company that builds products enabling lawmakers, advocacy organizations, and citizens to engage for a more effective representative democracy. Represently's flagship product empowers constituents, advocacy organizations, and businesses to connect, tell their stories, and aggregate like-minded views in order to influence civic outcomes that best assist their needs.
Founded at the Second Annual Congressional Hackathon and seeded by The George Washington University's New Venture competition, Represently is dedicated to leveraging technology to democratize access to democracy itself.
Requisition code: E18ROSCACSGA022-HC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top