Deloitte Access Economics - Macroeconomic & Forecasting Analyst (Canberra)
Do you want to work in a stimulating and challenging environment? Are you inquisitive about what Australia’s future may hold? Are you passionate about applying your modelling and forecasting skills to real world issues?
About the role
Deloitte Access Economics is Australia’s largest team of private sector economists. We offer an array of macroeconomic and microeconomic advisory services including forecasting, modelling, and policy analysis. Our work spans all industry sectors and virtually all areas of economic and social policy.
As part of the ongoing growth and success of our business, an opportunity has arisen for an Analyst/Senior Analyst to join our Macroeconomic Policy and Forecasting team. As part of this role, you will work within a small team to maintain and develop our modelling and forecasting capabilities across a number of areas including:
- Demographics, including at the national, State and regional level
- Labour force and employment, including at the regional level
This role will have a significant quantitative element, which will see you working with large datasets within a predominately Excel environment. You will be working as part of a small team to enhance our current modelling capabilities and contribute to a series of regular publications and project work for clients. As part of this work, you will manage and manipulate large datasets, as well as apply statistical techniques in a real world environment.
The role will see you working in a dynamic environment focused on empowering staff to work on a wide variety of projects. You will be recognised for your merit and will have the opportunity to challenge yourself by:
- Applying a variety of frameworks, models and techniques to forecast and analyse economic and demographic issues;
- Building your knowledge across a number of subject-matter areas by supporting projects across Deloitte Access Economics;
- Advancing your skills in economics alongside some of the best economists in Australia.
Your experience will encompass:
- For Analysts, a minimum 12 months’ experience in economic and/or demographic analysis or modelling and forecasting, preferably in an Australian context;
- For Senior Analysts, a minimum 2-4 years’ experience as an economist or in a related role working with other professionals in one of the following fields: macroeconomics, microeconomics, demographics and/or econometrics;
- Strong academic results in an undergraduate degree with a quantitative focus (e.g. economics, statistics, mathematics) are essential (nb: if you do not hold a degree in economics, you must be able to demonstrate some knowledge of economic theory);
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills, including some knowledge of VBA;
- Experience in managing and manipulating large data sets;
- Familiarity with the Australian Bureau of Statistics website and a strong understanding of official statistics;
- Knowledge and experience in using GIS software would be an advantage;
- A passion for detailed and diligent analysis and clearly communicating your results;
- Strong attention to detail, and be driven to look for solutions and solve problems;
- Most importantly, you must have a desire to learn and work with a team of like-minded economists.
About Us: Deloitte Culture
We are innovative and different because YOU are… we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of ‘And different’.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life….you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Please make sure to attach a copy of your academic transcript with your application.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion regarding this role, you can contact Juliette Jamoneau on 02 8260 4149.
Requisition code: AUEXP131276
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top