Deloitte Access Economics - Analyst / Senior Analyst / Manager (Canberra)
Do you want to work in a stimulating and challenging environment? Are you passionate about applying economic analysis and insights to real world issues such as policy development, large asset transactions or corporate strategy?
About the role
Deloitte Access Economics is Australia’s largest team of private sector economists. We offer an array of macroeconomic and microeconomic advisory services including forecasting, modelling, and policy analysis. Our work spans all industry sectors and virtually all areas of economic and social policy.
As part of the ongoing growth and success of our business, a small number of opportunities have arisen for early-career economists to join our Canberra office. Our Canberra office consists of economists working across a number of teams, including:
- Macroeconomic Policy and Forecasting (Macro), which produces a number of highly regarded subscription publications (including Business Outlook) and undertakes a range of modelling and forecasting consulting projects for the private and public sectors.
- Health and Social Policy Economics (HESP), which combines a mix a specialist skills to deliver services across a number of areas, including public policy, burden of disease and impact assessments, health service planning, performance analysis and program evaluation.
- Economic Analysis and Policy (EAP), whose primary work involves advising government agencies on a range of economic policy issues, including international trade, industry policy, education policy, regulation and cost-benefit analysis.
The role will see you working in a dynamic environment focused on empowering staff to work on a wide variety of projects. You will be recognised for your merit and will have the opportunity to challenge yourself by:
- Applying a variety of quantitative and qualitative analytical frameworks, models and techniques to analyse economic issues;
- Drafting and communicating findings in reports and compelling presentations to influence key decision makers in Australia’s largest commercial organisations and Government;
- Advancing your skills in economics alongside some of the best economists in Australia.
Your experience will encompass:
- For Analysts, a minimum 12 months’ experience in economic analysis or modelling, preferably in an Australian context;
- For Senior Analysts, a minimum 2-4 years’ experience as an economist or in a related role working with other professionals in one of the following fields: macroeconomics, microeconomics, public policy and/or econometrics;
- For Managers, a minimum 4-6 years’ experience as an economist or in a related role working with other professionals in an economics-related field, and experience in managing a team and/or working closely with clients;
- Strong academic results in an economics degree, preferably with honours, are viewed as essential;
- Previous experience in other consulting firms or specialist economic agencies within the Australian or State Governments (such as Treasury or the Reserve Bank of Australia, or similar) would be an advantage;
- A passion for detailed and diligent analysis and clearly communicating your results;
- Most importantly, you must have a desire to learn and work with a team of like-minded economists.
About Us: Deloitte Culture
We are innovative and different because YOU are… we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of ‘And different’.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life….you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Please make sure to attach a copy of your academic transcript with your application.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion regarding this role, you can contact Juliette Jamoneau on 02 8260 4149.
Requisition code: AUEXP127890
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top