DC Enabling Senior Manager - Pursuit Center of Excellence – PCOE Lead
Location: Open (Continental United States)
Position requires 75% travel as required, some international
Job Title: Pursuit Center of Excellence – PCOE Lead (Enabling Senior Manager)
Work You'll Do:
The Pursuit Center of Excellence (PCOE) Lead provides strategic and operational leadership on large and strategic pursuits. He/she manages activities that include oversight and facilitation/management of pursuits throughout the pursuit lifecycle (Pre-Proposal, RFP response/proposal development, Orals and Post-Orals) - both in the U.S. and globally.
The PCOE Lead will be responsible for rapidly collaborating and driving consensus with numerous stakeholders and firm leadership, to be responsive to client requests, and follow a comprehensive sales strategy. He/she will identify knowledge gaps for proposals and proactively work with firm leaders to secure SME input to critical client needs. In addition, he/she will provide oversight and quality review for written proposals, design approach, risk reviews, and strategic messaging.
- Manage pursuits to strengthen U.S. and global pursuit capability across the pursuit lifecycle
- Overall pursuit process lead, owning the project plan, monitoring assignments, issues, facilitating leadership reviews, monitoring development of resource and pricing models, coordinating leadership pricing calls at highest levels in the firm, etc.
- Assist in crafting a compelling value proposition, winning messages, and a real story – both in the written response and at orals
- Bring best practices from other pursuits
- Collaborate on division of labor and optimal pursuit timeline, milestones, and schedule
- Lead proposal development and orals coaching
- Manages meetings and logistics
- Helps assign content owners and close open content gaps
- Manage Risk process
- Schedules and facilitates pricing and alignment calls as needed
- Liaises with infrastructure teams (Method Coach, Pricing CoE, Value Initiative, technical nerve centers, other content as needed )
- Elevates issues, team needs, requests for Consulting resources, etc., as needed
- Manages and monitors the overall progress of the pursuit and development of the proposal effort
- Manage writing, editing and quality management of sales materials
- Support production of printed materials, other content with production components
- Assist and support select learning and development initiatives that build and enhance Deloitte's sales effectiveness and sales capability
The U.S. Consulting Pursuit Center of Excellence (PCOE) team is dedicated to the success of the firm's sales efforts as they are defined by Deloitte Consulting leadership. The team supports sales success by driving continuous improvement in sales effectiveness, which is executed through two channels:
1) Commitment to bring the best resources and capabilities to pursuits, and
2) Applying lessons learned to enhance learning and development of client service staff.
The team works with client pursuit teams to refine the sales strategy, establish and execute an organized pursuit plan, and deliver a high quality and innovative proposal and orals presentation. Value is delivered through challenging and improving the sales process to free the client service team to focus on the client problem and our solution.
- Consulting sales pursuit and proposal development experience (5+ years)
- Former Consulting client service backgrounds preferred, combined with pursuits (5+ years)
- Experience working with, collaborating, and building consensus with stakeholders at executive levels, as well as management/middle management stakeholders
- Understands overall firm services and support consulting function to connect with industry and service area practices
- Strong project management skills: able to work independently on multiple assignments while maintaining quality deliverables
- Proven ability to address and manage conflict
- Ability to work well under pressure, maintain composure and be flexible
- Highly proactive, self-starter
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal relationship skills
- Experience with national and/or global consulting organizations
- Ability to travel up to 75% (as required), to include some international travel
Please note that this Job Description is subject to change based on the business/project requirements and at the discretion of management.
Requisition code: E18NATCSRMSW014-NO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top