Database Analyst - Global Risk, Deloitte Global
Deloitte Global Risk Sensing (GRS) monitors and analyzes traditional and social media to identify and predict new or emerging risks that have the potential to impact the Deloitte network by enabling Deloitte leadership to take early and proactive steps to mitigate such risks, as well as seize opportunities that these risks may present. GRS also supports the network of Deloitte member firm risk sensing programs by providing leadership and guidance to those member firms with new or established risk sensing programs.
The GRS Database Specialist will be responsible for helping build a database to store information collected during media monitoring activities, build reports, identify efficiencies to automate data entry/processes, and identify opportunities to incorporate predictive analytics into the GRS program. Additionally, the GRS Database Specialist will be responsible for ongoing media monitoring, regular communication with Deloitte Global leadership and member firms, extensive reporting on risks/trends, and assisting in further development and growth of the global risk sensing program. This role reports to the GRS Manager.
This role is responsible for the following activities:
- Managing all aspects of the GRS database, including the build, data entry, reporting, technology decisions, and ongoing maintenance.
- Identifying more efficient ways to automate data entry and reporting processes.
- Identifying opportunities to incorporate predictive analytics into the GRS program.
- Stay up-to-date on social and traditional media trends and potential implications to GRS processes; recommend new methods to analyze media, identify trends, and optimize reporting to continuously enhance and evolve the GRS program.
- Regularly communicating and building relationships with Deloitte Global leadership, Deloitte Global business and enabling areas, and member firm representatives.
- Continuously analyzing and monitoring both traditional and social media to determine trends in potential risks to Deloitte Global, member firms, the profession, and/or competitors, while applying judgment to identify emerging risks/trends that may also have an impact.
- Structuring and developing detailed search queries in support of both specific client matters, as well as enterprise and emerging risk areas.
- Creating or contributing to the development of various communications, including daily risk sensing alerts, biweekly roundup reports, and other ad hoc sensing reports for various internal stakeholders as required.
- Providing support, guidance, and advice to member firms on the development and enhancement of their risk sensing programs.
- Contributing to the identification and sharing of risk sensing best practices, and promoting the adoption of consistent processes, templates, and tools across the Deloitte network.
- Supporting various risk sensing-related initiatives and projects.
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing, Finance, Information Systems, or other business-related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a role focused in the following area(s): database management, research, risk management, strategy consulting, regulatory/public policy, data analytics, tracking and analyzing media, and/or social media trends.
- Experience working in a professional services environment strongly preferred.
Other Qualifications & Skills
- Experience with one or more relevant database technologies.
- Programming or scripting skills necessary to assist in database server and management tasks.
- Experience collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organization, analytical, and critical thinking skill-set.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure, while providing timely and responsive services.
- Flexible, with ability to work in a dynamic environment as well as juggle and prioritize many tasks and initiatives at once.
- Ability to identify trends and build meaningful connections as new information is presented.
- Self-starter who is able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work occasionally outside of normal business hours and on weekends, as needed.
- Fluency in English.
- Prior experience with social media monitoring tools (e.g., Synthesio, Spredfast, Sprinklr, Sysomos, etc.) is preferred.
- Technical writing experience a plus.
- Experience writing or working with queries with Boolean Operators a plus.
- Multilingual abilities are a plus.
Requisition code: DE18USAGOP004CB0304
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top