Data Visualization Senior Consultant, Information Delivery - Power BI
As an Information Delivery Senior Consultant you will deliver descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytical insights as reports, ad-hoc queries, dashboards for operational and management reporting at an enterprise scale. You will provide tools to make complex information and data sets understandable through rich visual formats that are insightful and actionable.
Work you'll do
Senior Consultants work within an engagement team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Function as integrators between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients' business needs.
- Identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations.
Analytics + Information Management
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Analytics + Information Management team is responsible for transforming numbers and statistics into actionable information for our clients. We help them predict, plan, and adapt their business strategies to meet real-time challenges and confidently help navigate past whatever obstacles come their way. We take a holistic approach to data and offer a broad range of integration and analytics capabilities, including: Information Delivery, Data Management and Architecture, Digital Finance Technology and Advanced Analytics Enablement. Learn more about our Analytics and Information Management practice.
- 3+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience to include: Analytics + Information Management experience (Business Intelligence Reporting, Data Warehouse/ETL), Data analysis experience with BI tools, Performance tuning of queries and report calculations
- At least 2 year hands-on working experience creating visuals and building dashboards and customizations using Microsoft Power BI
- Ability to travel 80-100% of the time (Monday - Thursday/Friday)
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience
- Experience in optimizing Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization
- Experience creating dynamic RBAC security with Power BI
- Experience in building and organizing advanced DAX calculations and SSAS cubes
- Experience in writing advanced queries and transformations with T-SQL
- Ability to drive insight by designing visualizations with logical and meaningful data flow
- Expertise in building data visualizations with a strong understanding of the appropriate chart types to use to highlight patterns in the data for unstructured and structured data sets
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements
- Experience in data modeling, analysis, design, testing, development and implementation
- Understanding of the benefits of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, data warehousing design and implementation, table structure, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical database design, data modeling, reporting process metadata, and ETL processes
- Experience designing and developing data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E18PHLCSRCNB048-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top