Data Visualization Consultant, Information Delivery - Power BI
As an Information Delivery Consultant you will deliver descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytical insights as reports, ad-hoc queries, dashboards for operational and management reporting at an enterprise scale. You will provide tools to make complex information and data sets understandable through rich visual formats that are insightful and actionable.
Work you'll do
Consultants work within an engagement team. Key responsibilities will include:
- Function as integrators between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients' business needs.
- Defining systems strategy, developing system requirements, designing, prototyping, and testing custom technology solutions, and supporting system implementation.
Analytics + Information Management
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Analytics + Information Management team is responsible for transforming numbers and statistics into actionable information for our clients. We help them predict, plan, and adapt their business strategies to meet real-time challenges and confidently help navigate past whatever obstacles come their way. We take a holistic approach to data and offer a broad range of integration and analytics capabilities, including: Information Delivery, Data Management and Architecture, Digital Finance Technology and Advanced Analytics Enablement. Learn more about our Analytics and Information Management practice.
- 2+ years of relevant technology architecture consulting or industry experience to include: Analytics + Information Management experience (Business Intelligence Reporting, Data Warehouse/ETL), Data analysis experience with BI tools, Performance tuning of queries and report calculations
- At least 1 year hands-on working experience with Microsoft Power BI to include experience creating visuals, and building dashboards and customizations to meet the needs of the end-user
- 1+ year experience leading workstreams or small teams
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience
- Ability to travel 80-100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- Experience in optimizing Microsoft Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization
- Experience creating dynamic RBAC security with Power BI
- Experience in building and organizing advanced DAX calculations and SSAS cubes
- Experience in writing advanced queries and transformations with T-SQL
- Ability to drive insight by designing visualizations with logical and meaningful data flow
- Expertise in building data visualizations with a strong understanding of the appropriate chart types to use to highlight patterns in the data for unstructured and structured data sets
- Experience in data modeling, analysis, design, testing, development and implementation
- Experience developing dashboard wireframes and design requirements based on discussion with an understanding of technical and visual design considerations
- Understanding of the benefits of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, data warehousing design and implementation, table structure, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical database design, data modeling, reporting process metadata, and ETL processes
- Experience designing and developing data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NYCCASCVS016-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top