Data Services Engineer Manager (Tax)
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
DevOps Manager (Tax)
Location: Hermitage, TN
Organization: Technology & Infrastructure Tax Channel
The Client Solutions group reports to the office of the Deputy CIO for Technology and is responsible for delivering DevOps services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. The DevOps CoE flexes to support business-lead software development while bring to bear best practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
The candidate will work in an environment that embraces DevOps philosophes to empower the implementation of tools and processes which enable the following: rapid development and deployment of software, continuous integration/delivery, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams.
This position will work directly with project managers and business owners on critical Deloitte projects and initiatives that require Data Hosting services.
In addition, the individual will be expected to:
- Design, engineer, and implement solutions and provide recommendations for continuous improvement for the services provided by the Tax DevOps.
- Present regular status updates and provide cross training to other DevOps team members.
- Be active in evaluating and recommending new Cloud Data Services technologies including updates to Cloud Data Services as they are released.
- Database experience with Cloud applications is a requirement.
- Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with rapid technology changes and complex customer requirements.
- Experience working in an agile development team which requires the database design and architecture to adapt to changing business needs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, comfortable in a transactional high-volume, high availability production environment.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent customer requests.
- Self-reliant, self-motivated with a "can do" attitude.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and reliability of services provided.
- Ability to produce and maintain accurate documentation and operational reports.
- Desire to grow and develop new skillsets, becoming involved with new technologies
- Ability to build solid relationships with team members and co-workers, possessing the desire to work in a team environment and provide benefit to the team as a whole
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, including both written and verbal.
- Experience with MS-Office products to build presentations using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- 7+ years of experience in working in a complex production support environment, providing performance tuning and troubleshooting support. Equivalent academic experience will be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments
- Proven demonstration of primary competencies listed above.
- 20% travel may be required
Requisition code: E18HERSMGRSH061-ITL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top