Data Scientist/Advanced Analytics and Modeling Consultant
Are you a data-driven professional interested in working with market leading tools and technology? Join our team of professionals who help clients assess benefit program and organizational risk by leveraging advanced analytics within their federal agency environment. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise clients through critical and complex benefit and risk issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte's Actuarial Rewards and Analytics Practice (ARA).
Work you'll do
As a Senior Consultant within our ARA team you will:
- Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
- Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
- Provides coaching to junior staff
- Contributes to new business proposals and proposal development
- Manages own personal and professional development; seeks opportunities for professional growth and expansion of consulting skills and experiences
- Perform data manipulation, analysis, and visualization using SAS, R, SQL, Tableau, and Python
- Develop predictive models using multiple statistical techniques
- Provide technical and actuarial design assistance
- Present and communicate results to clients
- Provide support and assistance for the implementation of predictive model
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our rapidly growing ARA practice brings deep expertise in the areas of risk quantification and data analytics. With the increase in computing power, organizations are interested in analyzing both internal and external data to identify previously unknown relationships that will drive operational efficiency. Additionally, as the cost and risk of compensation and benefit programs continue to increase, employers are searching for new and innovative ways to improve employee productivity and engagement. Our practitioners help government leaders make informed decisions on price optimization, management of risk and resources, reduction of operational costs, and design of compensation and reward programs that drive high performance and addresses critical organizational challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or other business related field
- 3+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- 2 + years of experience in advanced analytical modeling
- 2+ years of experience with SAS or R or other Data Mining Software
- 2+ years of experience with Python
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role
- Extensive knowledge of tools for data mining and statistics (SAS, R, SPSS, Matlab)
- 2 + years of experience of serving Federal agencies or Public sector
- 4 + years of data mining and predictive modeling experience
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics actuarial science or related field of study
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ROSCSRCAD013-HC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top