Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
The Global Technology Services-Business Services Group is seeking a Data Scientist. As an integral member of Global Technology Services organization, the Data Scientist (Sr. Engineer) will be responsible for developing and managing global products for Deloitte's Global Analytics Studio. Additionally, the Data Scientist:
- Provides technical direction for project delivery to address business needs.
- Acts as predictive analytics subject matter expert to a broader delivery team of Architects, Business Systems Analysts, Technical Leads and Engineers on technical direction and solutioning of applications to address business needs.
- Ensures necessary adoption, refinement and oversight of the delivery team's use of the Agile methodology, including acting as the Scrum Master through project efforts
- Coordinates with stakeholders, project management, infrastructure, security and performance management teams to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Ensures project/program objectives are met in a timely manner and adhere to the application standards. Manages quality and risk throughout the execution.
- Contributes to direction, product and project planning and SDLC practices for predictive analytics-oriented projects. Possesses in-depth knowledge and enforces standards, procedures, and methodologies. Supports the maturing of systems engineering, quality assurance and analysis policies, procedures, standards for predictive analytics projects in line with GTS standards
- Maintaining awareness and authoritative understanding of our key technology vendor offerings, strategies, roadmaps and capabilities to both influence our maturing standards and ensure team access to the appropriate vendors for training, seminars and workshops
- Maintain relationships within other GTS studios and member firms
The key job responsibilities include the following:
- Acts as a key contributor to predictive analytics-oriented software engineering projects
- Provides technical leadership for predictive analytics technologies to the broader delivery team
- Acts as a trusted advisor to stakeholders by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights, and advice by developing an in-depth understanding of the business applications including technical trends/marketplace, technology development
- Sound strategic and tactical understanding of technology product mix comprising the solution, including vendor product roadmaps, and product strengths, weaknesses, and limitations
- Fosters an environment with consistent focus on business objectives
The key skills required are as follows:
- Working experience with statistical analysis and modelling is a must
- Working experience with predictive modeling and simulation techniques
- Ability to query and mine large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examine data and isolate targeted information - using traditional as well as predictive/advanced analytic methodologies
- Working experience with machine learning algorithms and platforms such as AzureML or MLLib or Mahout, etc.
- Knowledge of at least 2 of the following: SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, R, Python.
- Working experience with Hadoop, HBase, Hive or MapReduce or Spark.
- Experience in database design, development with advanced proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with data cleansing techniques and tools
- Experience with unstructured text analytics is a plus
- Experience with noSQL technologies, such as MongoDB is a plus
- An ability to understand business strategy, business requirements and to envision how predictive analytics technologies enable organizational strategies
- Strong skills in presenting and facilitating
- Strong skills in influencing, diplomacy, negotiation and consensus building
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with the Rational suite of SDLC products is a plus
- Manage multiple goals and deadlines
- Organizationally astute
Requisition code: DE18GLBGTS004LN0415
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top