Data Management Architecture - Senior Consultant - Insurance
Deloitte Consulting’s financial services industry practice provides comprehensive, integrated solutions to the banking & securities, insurance, real estate and investment management sectors. Our breadth of services and industry knowledge allow us to understand each client’s unique business needs and the ability to create and deliver real, lasting value.
The insurance industry is facing change on an extraordinary scale, encountering new challenges at every turn. As the industry moves forward, insurance companies must seek ways to improve profitability, while at the same time balancing the demands of regulatory change. And today everything’s connected – from Strategy and Operations, to Human Capital, to Technology, that’s where we can help. We bring every aspect of your business into focus – together. Our unrivaled multidisciplinary approach accompanied by comprehensive and innovative solutions can keep you ahead of the trends.
Whether you are a life insurance company, a property and casualty company, a reinsurer or broker, we help our clients meet these challenges by providing world-class strategic, financial, operational, human capital and IT services. We draw on deep insurance industry expertise to deliver results you can rely upon.
EssentialFunctions of AIM/DM&A Senior Consultants:
Senior Consultants are expectedto contribute to the firm’s growth and development in a variety of ways,including:
- Engagement Management: Manage a small team or a component of the project; develop work plansfor components of the engagement, determine the client needs by selecting andapplying appropriate approaches, tools and techniques to assess the client’sbusiness.
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with client teams and staff; communicateclearly and consistently on components objectives and activities; work closelywith client to understand engagement changes implications and facilitateimplementation.
- Business Development: Participate in aspects of the proposaldevelopment cycle; contribute to the development of proposal technical content;participate in the development of sales presentation or market positioningmaterial.
- Practice Development & Eminence: Participate in the development of market-valued intellectual capital;contribute to the development of practical solutions and methodologies,“thoughtware” and “point-of-view” documents; participate inthird parties and partners relationship building.
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach.
AIM/ DM&A Senior Consultants are required to have:
- 4+ years of relevant data management consulting (master data, metadata,data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modeling) or industryexperience
- 2+ years of AIM/DM&A project experience through all phases ofthe project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering,design, development, testing, and go live. This effort can be within amanagement consulting environment or industry
- Bachelor’sDegree or 4 years equivalent professional experience
- Strongimplementation experience and deep knowledge in any one of the following threeareas and knowledge of the other 2 areas at a minimum. Implementationexperience in all the 3 areas preferred.
- MasterData Management
- Willingnessto travel to client locations (100%)
- Significantexperience leading components of data management engagements and team sizesranging from 3 to 10 resources.
- Knowledgeof the strategic business drivers and operational process requirements withinat least one industry such as CPG, Gas and Oil, High Tech, Pharmaceuticals,Manufacturing, Insurance, Banking or similar industry. Must be able to linkindustry specific business requirements to DM&A capability requirements.
- Knowledgeof one or more DM&A toolset (MDM, Metadata, Data Quality) such as SAPNetweaver/MDM suite (incl. Business Objects), Oracle PDM/DRM/DataHub/HyperionMDM tools, IBM WebSphere MDM tools, Tibco, Kalido, Informatica, i2,SAS/DataFlux, Data Advantage Group / MetaCenter , Embarcadero Technologies,Global IDs / Metadata Crawler, Microsoft, Teradata, InfoLibrarian, LogicLibrary, and/or SchemaLogic
- Abilityto recommend DM&A process, governance, organizational and platform models,tool selections and application integration options to clients and within theorganization
- Experiencetransferring knowledge and best practices to client
- Experience working with client’s Directors and Managers on a dailybasis
Inaddition, successful AIM/DM&A Senior Consultants will also have thefollowing preferred skills and experiences:
- Consultingor Industry experience in developing roadmap for an overarching data managementand strategy initiative at an enterprise level
- Possess strong understanding of software development methodologies(RUP, Agile or other SDLC).
- Ability to work independently, manage components of largeengagements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, includingpresentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the abilityto exercise mature judgment.
- Willingness to mentor junior staff.
Requisition code: E17NATCSRCVS201-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top