Data Management Architecture - Manager, Insurance
Deloitte Consulting’s financial services industry practice provides comprehensive, integrated solutions to the banking & securities, insurance, real estate and investment management sectors. Our breadth of services and industry knowledge allow us to understand each client’s unique business needs and the ability to create and deliver real, lasting value.
The insurance industry is facing change on an extraordinary scale, encountering new challenges at every turn. As the industry moves forward, insurance companies must seek ways to improve profitability, while at the same time balancing the demands of regulatory change. And today everything’s connected – from Strategy and Operations, to Human Capital, to Technology, that’s where we can help. We bring every aspect of your business into focus – together. Our unrivaled multidisciplinary approach accompanied by comprehensive and innovative solutions can keep you ahead of the trends.
Whether you are a life insurance company, a property and casualty company, a reinsurer or broker, we help our clients meet these challenges by providing world-class strategic, financial, operational, human capital and IT services. We draw on deep insurance industry expertise to deliver results you can rely upon.
EssentialFunctions of AIM/DM&A Managers:
AIM/DM&A Managers areexpected to contribute to the firm’s growth and development in a variety ofways, including:
- Engagement Management: Manage a large team and multiplecomponents of the project; develop work plans for the entire project, determinethe client needs by selecting and applying appropriate approaches, tools andtechniques to assess the client’s business. Define deliverable structure andcontent; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels atthe client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products;
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions withclient teams, staff and executive clients; communicate clearly and consistentlyon projects overall objectives and activities; work closely with client tounderstand engagement changes implications and facilitate implementation.
- Business Development: Participate in aspects of the proposaldevelopment cycle; contribute to the development of proposal technical content;organize pursuit teams; participate in the development of sales presentation ormarket positioning material
- Practice Development & Eminence: Participate in the development ofmarket-valued intellectual capital; lead and contribute to the development ofpractical solutions and methodologies, “thought ware” and“point-of-view” documents; participate in third parties and partnersrelationship building
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach;provide input and guidance into the staffing process; provide support fordelivery teams and staff in local offices
AIM/ DM&A Managers are required to have:
- 6+years of relevant data management consulting (master data, metadata, data architecture,data governance, data quality, data modeling) or industry experience
- 4+ years of experience in managing IM/DM&A efforts and projectteams through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning,requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live. Thiseffort can be within a management consulting environment or industry
- Bachelor’sDegree or 4 years equivalent professional experience
- Significantexperience leading complex data management engagements and team sizes rangingfrom 5 to 20 resources.
- Strongimplementation experience and deep knowledge in any one of the following threeareas and knowledge of the other 2 areas at a minimum. Implementationexperience in all the 3 areas preferred.
- MasterData Management
- Deepknowledge of the strategic business drivers and operational processrequirements within at least one industry such as CPG, Gas and Oil, High Tech,Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing, Insurance, Banking or similar industry. Must beable to link industry specific business requirements to DM&A capabilityrequirements.
- Deepknowledge of more than one DM&A toolset (MDM, Metadata, Data Quality) suchas SAP Netweaver/MDM suite (incl. Business Objects), OraclePDM/DRM/DataHub/Hyperion MDM tools, IBM WebSphere MDM tools, Tibco, Kalido,Informatica, i2, SAS/DataFlux, Data Advantage Group / MetaCenter , Embarcadero Technologies,Global IDs / Metadata Crawler, Microsoft, Teradata, InfoLibrarian, LogicLibrary, and/or SchemaLogic
- Abilityto architect an Enterprise Data Management solution and provide business,governance and technical recommendations
- Consultingor Industry experience in developing roadmap for an overarching data managementand strategy initiative at an enterprise level
- Abilityto recommend DM&A process, governance, organizational and platform models,tool selections and application integration options to clients
- Abilityto advise on DM&A application integration best practices and optimizeperformance of DM&A programs and solutions
- Experiencedeveloping statements of work and/or client proposals
- Broadsystem level expertise across multiple computing platforms and technologieswith the ability to influence technology direction at the Enterprise Level
- Experiencewith conceptualization, design and assistance in the implementation of new andexisting systems, middleware, MDM, metadata, data quality, data warehouse andproduction architectures
- Experiencetransferring knowledge and best practices to client and within the organization
- Experience working with CxO level executives on a daily basis
- Willingnessto travel to client locations (100%)
Inaddition, successful AIM/DM&A Managers will also have the following preferredskills and experiences:
- Raisequality of DM&A strategy, design and implementation across the practice bysharing insights and methods through training, community, etc.
- Leadbusiness opportunities to increase usability and profitability of portalinterface and information architecture
- Leadexecutive level governance boards
- Deepknowledge of Oracle (i.e. Oracle, JDE, PeopleSoft) or SAP ERP solutions
- Deepknowledge of different types of Data Warehouse, EPM and Business Intelligencesolutions such as those from IBM/Cognos, SAP/BO, Oracle Hyperion, SAS, Teradataand others
- Exposureto data disguising technology of confidential data such as customer personalidentifiable information (PII) such as data obfuscation, data redaction, anddata masking
Requisition code: E17NATCMGRVS301-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top