Data Management Architecture - Manager, Banking & Securities
Deloitte Consulting's financial services industry practice provides comprehensive, integrated solutions to the banking & securities, insurance, real estate and investment management sectors. Our breadth of services and industry knowledge allow us to understand each client's unique business needs and the ability to create and deliver real, lasting value.
Banking & Securities
Mastering profitability and performance. Identifying new revenue sources. Tackling large-scale technology issues. For many executives in banking, this is the short list of their to-dos. Any single one is a tall order on its own - but together, they can seem insurmountable. Especially when you consider that it usually takes a variety of disciplines and capabilities for any of them to succeed.
That's why it's so important to have a team that pulls together the full range of insights where it matters most. Strategy and operations. Human capital. Technology. Enterprise applications. And more. Deloitte knows how to bring it all together in a way that creates real, lasting value. And with resources such as the Deloitte Center for Financial Services, we're constantly identifying new ways to stay ahead of the most complex issues of the day.
Essential Functions of AIM/DM&A Managers:
AIM/DM&A Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: Manage a large team and multiple components of the project; develop work plans for the entire project, determine the client needs by selecting and applying appropriate approaches, tools and techniques to assess the client's business. Define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products;
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with client teams, staff and executive clients; communicate clearly and consistently on projects overall objectives and activities; work closely with client to understand engagement changes implications and facilitate implementation.
- Business Development: Participate in aspects of the proposal development cycle; contribute to the development of proposal technical content; organize pursuit teams; participate in the development of sales presentation or market positioning material
- Practice Development & Eminence: Participate in the development of market-valued intellectual capital; lead and contribute to the development of practical solutions and methodologies, "thought ware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in third parties and partners relationship building
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; provide support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
AIM / DM&A Managers are required to have:
- 6+ years of relevant data management consulting (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modeling) or industry experience
- 4+ years of experience in managing IM/DM&A efforts and project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live. This effort can be within a management consulting environment or industry
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent professional experience
- Significant experience leading complex data management engagements and team sizes ranging from 5 to 20 resources.
- Strong implementation experience and deep knowledge in any one of the following three areas and knowledge of the other 2 areas at a minimum. Implementation experience in all the 3 areas preferred.
- Master Data Management
- Data Governance
- Data Quality
- Deep knowledge of the strategic business drivers and operational process requirements within at least one industry such as CPG, Gas and Oil, High Tech, Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing, Insurance, Banking or similar industry. Must be able to link industry specific business requirements to DM&A capability requirements.
- Deep knowledge of more than one DM&A toolset (MDM, Metadata, Data Quality) such as SAP Netweaver/MDM suite (incl. Business Objects), Oracle PDM/DRM/DataHub/Hyperion MDM tools, IBM WebSphere MDM tools, Tibco, Kalido, Informatica, i2, SAS/DataFlux, Data Advantage Group / MetaCenter , Embarcadero Technologies, Global IDs / Metadata Crawler, Microsoft, Teradata, InfoLibrarian, LogicLibrary, and/or SchemaLogic
- Ability to architect an Enterprise Data Management solution and provide business, governance and technical recommendations
- Consulting or Industry experience in developing roadmap for an overarching data management and strategy initiative at an enterprise level
- Ability to recommend DM&A process, governance, organizational and platform models, tool selections and application integration options to clients
- Ability to advise on DM&A application integration best practices and optimize performance of DM&A programs and solutions
- Experience developing statements of work and/or client proposals
- Broad system level expertise across multiple computing platforms and technologies with the ability to influence technology direction at the Enterprise Level
- Experience with conceptualization, design and assistance in the implementation of new and existing systems, middleware, MDM, metadata, data quality, data warehouse and production architectures
- Experience transferring knowledge and best practices to client and within the organization
- Experience working with CxO level executives on a daily basis
- Willingness to travel to client locations (100%)
In addition, successful AIM/DM&A Managers will also have the following preferred skills and experiences:
- Raise quality of DM&A strategy, design and implementation across the practice by sharing insights and methods through training, community, etc.
- Lead business opportunities to increase usability and profitability of portal interface and information architecture
- Lead executive level governance boards
- Deep knowledge of Oracle (i.e. Oracle, JDE, PeopleSoft) or SAP ERP solutions
- Deep knowledge of different types of Data Warehouse, EPM and Business Intelligence solutions such as those from IBM/Cognos, SAP/BO, Oracle Hyperion, SAS, Teradata and others
- Exposure to data disguising technology of confidential data such as customer personal identifiable information (PII) such as data obfuscation, data redaction, and data masking.
Requisition code: E17NATCMGRVS303-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top