Data Management & Architecture Consultant
Analytics + Information Management: Plan, design, and implement solutions that deliver and analyze information efficiently for competitive advantage
Deloitte Consulting’s technology professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical information and technological challenges. We provide advisory through end-to-end implementation services as well as outsourcing services and are recognized in the marketplace for capabilities across the spectrum.
Our experienced technology professionals offer deep technical experience in their area of focus and are committed to delivering efficient, technology-based solutions to our clients. Our professionals are also aligned to industry sectors. By combining our technical capabilities with our industry experiences, we create unmatched market offerings to solve our clients’ business issues. Additionally, we have long-term partnerships with many of the world’s leading technology companies, allowing us to understand solution alternatives and recommend and support the most appropriate solution for our clients. By leveraging these elements, we are able to help our clients convert leading edge ideas into tangible results.
Our professionals are aligned with a technology service line to promote the development of deep technical skills and experiences and improve our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients’ business issues.
Essential Functions of AIM/DM&A Consultants:
Consultants are expected to contribute to the firm’s growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engagement Management: Participate and contribute to engagements’ delivery; summarize analytical findings in a coherent manner; develop accurate conclusions from findings; follow an organized approach to developing quality deliverables based on setting deliverable expectations with the client or engagement manager. Manage a small team or a component of the project; develop work plans for components of the engagement, determine the client needs by selecting and applying appropriate approaches, tools and techniques to assess the client’s business; apply an understanding of the client and its industry in defining client needs; structure and conduct data / requirements collection and analysis; evaluate analysis to draw conclusions and develop pertinent and insightful recommendations and solutions; design deliverables content to precisely reflect client needs and analysis, develop and present solutions and deliverables; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from staff and team member levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products.
- Client Management: Develop professional relationships with peer-level client personnel through regular contact; communicate clearly.
- Business Development: Support the proposal development cycle; contribute to the development of proposal, sales presentation and market positioning material.
- Practice Development & Eminence: Support the preparation of market-valued intellectual capital and the development of practical solutions and methodologies, “thoughtware” and “point-of-view” documents.
AIM / DM&A Consultants are required to have:
- 1+ years of relevant data management consulting (master data, metadata, data architecture, data governance, data quality, data modeling) or industry experience
- 4 years of experience in IT project
- Participate in DM&A advisory or implementation projects
- Experience with conceptualization, design and assistance in the implementation of new and existing systems, middleware, MDM, metadata, data quality, data warehouse and production architectures
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Willingness to travel to client locations (100%)
- Implementation experience and deep knowledge in any one of the following three areas and knowledge of the other 2 areas at a minimum. Implementation experience in all the 3 areas preferred.
o Master Data Management
o Data Governance
o Data Quality
- Knowledge of one or more DM&A toolset (MDM, Metadata, Data Quality) such as SAP Netweaver/MDM suite (incl. Business Objects), Oracle PDM/DRM/DataHub/Hyperion MDM tools, IBM WebSphere MDM tools, Tibco, Kalido, Informatica, i2, SAS/DataFlux, Data Advantage Group / MetaCenter , Embarcadero Technologies, Global IDs / Metadata Crawler, Microsoft, Teradata, InfoLibrarian, LogicLibrary, and/or SchemaLogic
- Experience transferring knowledge and best practices to client and within the organization
In addition, successful AIM/DM&A Consultants will also have the following preferred skills and experiences:
- Possess understanding of software development methodologies (RUP, Agile or other SDLC).
- Ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
Requisition code: E17CHICASCAG102 -T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top