Data Governance and Reporting Lead - Deloitte Global
The role is responsible for overseeing all activities within the CIR program regarding Member Firm Standard (MFS) client data, Client Hierarchy, and Global Reporting. This individual will liaise with key global and Member Firm stakeholders, including the MFS responsible parties (CFO and delegates) for each member firm. The scope of the role includes the annual MFS assessment process and ongoing monitoring of progress in the area of improving data quality. CIR is focused on continuing to work with the member firms in identifying areas that need to be addressed in order to improve data quality. Client Hierarchy is a key component of data quality and focuses on client tree validation and global data verification. This role is also responsible for overseeing all activities within the CIR program regarding report creation for global stakeholders. This individual will oversee the CIR reporting team, provide feedback on report creation and submission, and identify new reporting opportunities within the global community.
This role will also be involved with ad hoc strategic projects on an as needed basis.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Have an understanding of how data is received and flows to CIR
- Decrease the unmapped revenue in CIR on a continual basis
- Respond to ad hoc requests from the CIR Program Director and support special projects
- Support GCJ and GS portfolio accounts to ensure high quality data and prompt answers to all queries
- Participate in CIR activities as required
- Review and manage the global report creation process
- Have a thorough understanding of all member firm standards
- Conduct member firm assessments for MFS as required, as well as manage monthly monitoring reports and communication activities to ensure each MFS responsible party is aware of any open issues and all activities regarding their member firm and the need to improve data quality.
- Create/update MFS documentation
- Be the CIR representative to the global DTTL member firm standards team
- Work with the Member Firm Relations leader to understand data quality issues and monitor those items on a regular basis.
- Work with the CIR Program Leader, Senior Stakeholder Relations Leader and Member Firm Relations Leader to identify/manage/resolve special requests and help lead the CIR program
Education: MBA or Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor Degree/BA/BS in Finance, IT, Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing or Management or other related fields dealing with practice management processes.
Years of Experience:
Experience in data governance or master data management.
Strong change management experience.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to synthesize diagnostic results and formulate a point of view on areas that require focus from the initiative
- Excellent organizational, writing and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Strong verbal presentation skills and natural ability to connect with people
- Able to manage risks—knowing what and when to escalate project-related issues
- Governance concepts
- 6+ years of program management experience and demonstrated leadership in developing and implementing complex information management solutions (including project management, process design and implementation experience).
- PMP preferred, or Six-Sigma certification
- Strong understanding of global and DTTL member firm operating environments including information technology, engagement management and opportunity management systems.
- Analytical and conceptual thinker with experience developing creative strategic solutions
- Demonstrated experience with global or multinational projects. Experience working in a virtual environment
- Experience with change management tools and principles to influence stakeholders to support and utilize new information management solutions and processes.
- Ability to facilitate leadership discussions and build consensus around a strategic direction.
- Ability to identify solutions and prioritize according to business goals.
- Comfortable working virtually with colleagues around the globe; capable of working independently and operating effectively in ambiguity.
Requisition code: DE17CHIGOP005CF28
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top