Data Center Engineer (Hermitage)
Title: Data Center Engineer (Hermitage)
Hiring Location: Hermitage/Nashville, TN.
Department: Network Services
This position provides 24x7 data center operations support for the Deloitte Data Center located in Hermitage, TN. The role includes performing the day to day installation and support activities within the Data Center.
- Provide onsite presence for overseeing the daily operation of the Data Center environment
- Act as liaison to facility provider for escalations and maintenance scheduling
- Perform installation and first level support to ensure service requests and incident management meets SLA
- Track and record accurate inventory of installed and spare equipment and parts
- Provide after hours on-call support for service impacting incidents related to the installed Data Center environment
- Responsible for notifying and escalating to senior ITS management regarding data center and computing facility incidents
- Enforce Data Center access security policies
- Responsible for the shipping, receiving, and contact notification of equipment arriving and leaving the facility
- Coordinate new power installation with facility provider
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems preferred or relevant technical training or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of Data Center environment / IT Operations background
- Experience with the configuration and installation of WinTel and / or AIX servers referred
- Experience with the configuration and installation of network and / or SAN equipment
- Work well with teams in large data center in regards to Network, Storage, and Server Infrastructure
- Experience with low voltage cabling preferred
- Willingness to provide after hours first level support of installed hardware
- Willingness to work after hours to provide scheduled project support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Able to be a self-started and work independently.
- A strong team player with an experience working in multi-cultural environment
- Align with Organization's strategic and cultural objectives
- Willingness and availability to work after normal business hours and willing to travel as necessary
- US citizenship required.
Requisition code: E18NATSASCSH088-ITL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top