Data Architect, Analytics - Specialist
Data Architect, Analytics - Lead Specialist
Are you an experienced analytics professional who has demonstrated experience in translating marketing and customer data into actionable insights? Are you passionate about telling data-driven stories that influence key business decisions? Are you interested in analyzing the cost and impact of marketing programs that advance the Deloitte brand, client relationships and deliver on the strategic objectives of marketing campaigns? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working with colleagues in a virtual setting, to meet our business and client needs?
Work you'll do
Deloitte Services LP is seeking an analytics data architect to support, improve and scale the organization's data architecture. This professional will partner with internal clients to understand desired business questions to be answered, drive requirements, propose solutions and manage the delivery of multiple cross-functional data, reporting and analytics projects and integrations between different systems.
- Serve as the technical expert responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of BI/DW solutions, with complete and accurate information information/ data delivery to business users using maintainable, systematic, and automated procedures.
- Make recommendations and guidance about data collection methods, master data management concepts, metrics, data definitions, and data evaluation methods, in collaboration with internal and external partners. .
- Partner with internal clients to gather business requirements for data and reporting enhancements, change requests and new functionality.
- Map configurations and complex data architectures, ensuring documentation meets current and forecasted needs.
- Help establish and define data validation, data cleansing, data integration, and transformation practices.
- Facilitate data, reporting and analytics design review sessions, testing cycles, including the creation of test scenarios and scripts, validation and other post-deployment activities.
- Establish close partnerships within the IT department and with the business teams to provide data strategy expertise, ensuing overall data quality within all enterprise systems (e.g., enterprise data warehouse) including interfaces between applications/ systems.
- Stay abreast of contemporary technology trends/concepts and serve as an SME for the business teams.
- Manage issues and bugs within the system using tracking/ support systems; liaise with internal and external resources to facilitate resolution and closure.
- Work with vendor to validate and refine technical specifications against business requirements
- Communicate with external vendors and other departments to resolve production issues, upgrades, and software evaluations.
- Prepare for and participate in vendor relationship activities and stewardship meetings on an ongoing basis.
Deloitte's data and technology COE team combines the power of Deloitte's brand with the most inspired marketing techniques to produce business results for our clients. From events to social media to digital strategy and execution, we elevate the Deloitte brand and strategic positioning, delivering a cohesive, consistent experience. The team brings together creative and technology skills, business insights, and industry best practices to develop innovative creative assets that engage our clients. It also executes with agility and measureable performance through best-of-breed solutions, centralization of key information and operations, and optimization of data, tools, people and process.
- Undergraduate degree required with preference to business, marketing, or data science, Master's degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience in Data Architecture, Modelling with massively parallel processing database technology and Columnar Databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable and confident when speaking with clients as a technical expert and able to narrate data driven insights and translate technical concepts into simple terminology for business client of various levels.
- Passionate about identifying and solving problems for customers with the ability to uncover business needs through direct interaction as well as quantitative or qualitative research to define compelling solutions
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend sound conclusions and implementation strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and understanding of enterprise data concepts like data warehousing, data hygiene, handling large data volume, and using multiple tools to research and analyze information
- Professional development experience with and knowledge of relational databases and enterprise data warehouses, including work with MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, or other common RDBMS; SAP HANA preferred
- Experience with big data technology (Hadoop, Apache Spark, MapReduce, etc.), preferred
- Knowledge of best practices and principles for data modeling, dashboards, report design, analytics, and data mining
- Strong project management skills; ability to prioritize and manage client expectations across multiple projects
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization with a virtual team
- Minimal travel required
Preferred locations: New York, Atlanta, Tampa, FL, Chicago, Washington, DC, Boston
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATSSPCJK064-CL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top