Are you a leader who enjoys using technology to create a big picture solution that makes impact? Are you interested in being at the forefront of emerging and disruptive technology solutions that drive value for federal clients? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Federal Technology, Strategy & Architecture (TS&A) specialists who advise clients with innovative solutions to better run their IT business. A career at Deloitte will put you on the frontline, supporting Federal agencies tasked with the most critical technical challenges .
Work you'll do
As a Manager in our TS&A practice you will:
- Be responsible for full lifecycle support in the areas of IT Strategy, Cloud Model Delivery, and Infrastructure support
- Support system-based processes (including scenario design, flow mapping)
- Define and implement support procedures
- Manage business requirements
- Create the new process design and contribute to solutions prototyping
- Test and train the support team to deliver solutions
- Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of complex projects
- Actively participate in the development of business and vendor relationships
- Participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process
- Responsible for project financials including development of financial plans
- Manage day-to-day interactions with clients and internal Deloitte team
- Display breadth and depth of knowledge regarding functional and technical issues
- Display leadership and business judgment by anticipating client and project needs and developing alternative solutions
- Provide coaching, oversight, and support for delivery teams and staff
- Provide input and actively participate in recruitment and retention activities
- As a Data Architect your will work closely with our software and application development teams to recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs within each department.
- As a Data Architect will be responsible for constantly monitoring our database and immediately addressing database issues and problems.
- As a Data Architect you will also submit reports to management that outline the changing data needs of the company and come up with related solutions
- Provide insight into the changing database storage and utilization requirements for the company and offer suggestions for solutions
- Analyze database implementation methods to make sure they are in line with company policies and any external regulations that may apply
- Create data monitoring models for each product and work with our marketing team to create models ahead of new releases
- Develop database design and architecture documentation for the management and executive
- Identify strategic data requirements of the enterprise
- Determine how an enterprise's data will be stored and utilized
- Assess the enterprise's internal and external data and design blueprint to manage the available data
- Create inventory of enterprise's data and store data in easily accessible format
- Design and develop complex database management systems and separate public data from private ones
- Create back up plan to cater for the data needs of the company in times of emergency or cyber attack
- Research to collate new data and update the company's database from time to time
- Meld existing data architecture with new ones as technology emerges
- Teach new techniques for data modeling and management
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Federal TS&A team delivers technical insights and implementation solutions that extract and maximize business value from IT investments. We focus on services related to architecture, engineering, and operations within the Federal environment. We deliver effective solutions related to IT strategy, IT Business Management, and IT Infrastructure support that are fundamental to our client's success.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of technology consulting or other relevant industry experience
- 2+ years in a technical or functional lead role
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience
- Prior professional experience in IT Strategy, IT Business Management, Cloud & Infrastructure, or Systems Engineering
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required Security Clearance for this role
- At least 10 years experience with both a B.S. and M.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience, and a Master of Science (M.S.) can be substituted with an additional 2 years of related experience
- Knowledge of EA principles and methodologies
- Experience with Servers, Infrastructure, Platform Sizing, Infrastructure Cost Reduction
- General knowledge of storage: Network Storage Capacity Planning, Storage Area Network (SAN) Planning, Architecture and Design
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ROSCMANTR44171-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top