Data Analytics – Senior Consultant
Come join the world's leading professional services firm where you will be heavily engaged on multimillion dollar, multi-year transformation programs. If you are prepared and poised to take the next step in your career where you can help drive business Intelligence and Analytics initiatives across a global business platform, we want to talk to you. Come join our high energy and exciting analytics practice, where you will be an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients' business needs.
Work you'll do
As a Data Analytics – Senior Consultant, you will join a dynamic and growing practice within the tax function - Global Employer Services (GES) team – as an analytics technical expert and thought leader. You will work with clients and their data, conduct quantitative, qualitative, and strategic analysis of structured (e.g. transactional) and unstructured (e.g. text) electronic data, from initial data scoping and collection through transformation and validation for purposes of deep data analysis and mining. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Working with clients to develop coherent and structured analytics strategies which address their business challenges, identify additional opportunities, and set out roadmaps for the delivery of continued value through analytics.
- Clearly articulate to stakeholders the value and benefits analytics can bring to clients.
- Develop thought leadership in this space.
- Create, manage, and utilize high-performance relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Access, OLAP, and other proprietary software)
- Systematically scope, acquire, load, validate, and maintain structured (e.g., transactional) and unstructured (e.g., text) electronic data as the basis for employing rules-based, inductive, and visual techniques.
- Structure, define, and complete ad-hoc, periodic, and ongoing analytics to identify patterns or scenarios, develop models that depict or describe historical events, and build predictive models for the purposes of business enhancement.
- Find innovative ways to search and mine large data sets to discover meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships among large amounts of data and to identify the success measures, analyses, and reporting processes that lead to actionable findings.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of complex written and verbal materials including reports, findings, presentations, and project planning.
- Possess knowledge of and be able to effectively employ advanced analytic tools which utilize visualization (QlikView etc.), predictive modeling, case management, data cleansing, etc.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Global Employer Services tax consultants help multinational clients develop tax-aligned compensation and benefits programs that address their international and domestic needs. Our consultants come from global compensation and benefits backgrounds and work with clients to streamline business operations while managing the scalability, risks, and costs of programs. Our team offers a full range of services and guides clients through their processes, technologies, and strategies. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Global Employer Services.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical experience mining and analyzing transactional electronic data with a strong working knowledge of relational databases, including advanced experience with query building
- Exposure to advanced analytics concepts such as predictive analytics or machine learning
- Strong command of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, data warehousing design and implementation, table structure, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical database design, data modeling, reporting process metadata, and ETL processes
- Experience designing and implementing reporting and visualization for unstructured and structured data sets
- Experience designing and developing data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking, and matching
- Expertise in building data visualizations with a strong understanding of the appropriate chart types to use to highlight patterns in the data
- Experience in data modeling, analysis, design, testing, development and implementation
- Experience publishing dashboards and data sources as well as managing access, user security, and refreshing of QlikView Data files / extracts
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to management
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects with the strong ability to properly delegate and meet deadlines
- Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Commitment to personal and professional growth, including the development of peers and junior staff
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Education: Bachelor's degree (BS or BA)
- Location: Dallas Deloitte office (2200 Ross Ave. Dallas, TX, United States)
- Experience with C# (.Net) or other programming languages
- Previous Big 4 or major consulting experience
Our strategy is simple: we hire energetic, innovative individuals who see beyond the obvious, who can think broadly and deeply, bringing greater value to the business.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18DALTSRCJD016-GES
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top