Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
Preferred Locations: Hermitage/Nashville, TN
The key job responsibilities include the following:
- Effectively ascertain and leverage trustworthy open and closed-source cyber threat intelligence data feeds.
- Identify emerging and persistent threats to the organization's networks, systems, and applications.
- Independently research and comprehensively analyze actionable cyber threat observables pertinent to the organization.
- Provide analysis reports in numerous formats based upon cyber threat research.
- Perform complex project support for security incident response efforts.
- Provide technical guidance pertaining to risks and control measures associated with emerging threats.
- Independently design, recommend, plan, develop and support implementation of project-specific security solutions to meet tactical, and control requirements.
- Develop reports using data hosted in multiple sources (e.g. spreadsheets, databases) and communicate clearly to management and other team members.
- Identify potential security exposures that may currently exist or may pose a potential future threat to the U.S. Firm's applications. Ensure Cyber Defense management is notified when these exposures are identified, as well as a proposed solution for remediation.
- Strong skills in tactical, operational, and strategic level cyber threat intelligence.
- Advanced understanding of cyber threat vectors and countermeasures.
- Experience in vulnerability research, malware analysis and exploit investigation.
- Familiarity with YARA, OpenIOC, and STIX frameworks.
- Understanding of Linux/Unix platforms.
- Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Security
- 3+ years of information security experience, preferably in the areas of cyber threat intelligence, vulnerability management, vulnerability scanning, or penetration testing.
- Familiar with and able to apply time-proven, generally-accepted security methods, concepts and techniques as they relate to the Deloitte U.S. Firms.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to interact effectively with direct managers and staff in both technical and business roles. Able to defuse situations, work around defensive attitudes, and deal with diverse personalities to achieve assignment objectives.
- Solid understanding of networking (WAN, LAN, wLAN), network domains (Internet, intranet, DMZ), communication techniques/protocols (IP and others), and their combined effects on network and host systems security.
- Ability to learn and retain new skills as required meeting a changing technical environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally (up to 25%), including international travel.
- Ability to occasionally work non-standard shifts and/or on-call to support the requirements of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent English. Additional language skills a plus.
- Ability to communicate technical details in a clear, comprehensible manner.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Possession of current GPEN, CEH, CISSP and/or ethical hacking certifications preferred.
Requisition code: E18NATSASCNM005-ITL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top