Cyber Security - Cyber Threat Attack & Penetration Sr. Consultant
Cyber Threat Management- Sr. Consultant
As it becomes increasingly difficult to prevent infiltrations and unauthorized activity, organizations need threat awareness and advanced detection and intelligence solutions to rapidly identify unauthorized or anomalous activity in their environments. By joining Vigilant services you will be part of a team that leverages deep experiencewith analytic and correlation technologies to help clients develop monitoring capabilities focused on critical business processes. By integrating threat data, IT data, and business data, security teams are equipped with context-rich alerts to help prioritize incident handling and streamline incident investigation. You can't respond to threats you can't see. Be part of a team that can help.
Work you'll do
As a Sr. Consultant in our Advanced Testing Team, you will perform vulnerability assessments and penetration testing in order to identify potential security issues before they are exploited by the adversary. You will assist our clients in responding to incidents and investigating breaches in order to help our clients detect, respond and recover quickly.
- Perform internal and external vulnerability assessments as well as penetration
- Perform well controlled vulnerability exploitation/penetration testing on applications, network protocols, and databases
- Perform network reconnaissance and security forensics on systems
- Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Understand complex business and information technology management processes
- Execute advanced services and supervise staff in delivering basic services
- Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools to support service offering or industry projects
- Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches
- Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
Vigilant by Deloitte, provides on-site Consulting and Managed services that help IT security teams better defend and enable today's dynamic business by refining and extending the security information and event management infrastructure. Vigilant by Deloitte empowers customers to more efficiently respond to shifting threats, achieve regulatory compliance, and prioritize protection of services that drive revenue and competitive advantage, and measure progress of the overall IT risk management program.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in the following:
- Perform vulnerability assessments: Nessus, Qualys, Foundstone, Nexpose, Metasploit, Core Impact, OpenVAS, Kismet, etc
- Penetration testing using manual testing techniques, scripts, commercial and open source tools: Kali Linux, BackTrack 4/5, SET Toolkit, War Dialing, VOIP testing, SQL Injection, Web Application Testing, Onapsis, Metasploit, Wireless tools, etc
- Web Application Testing: App Scan, Hailstorm, Nikto, Grendel, Burpsuite, Acunetix, Qualys, etc
- Database Testing: Scuba, SQLninja, AppDetectivePro, Havij, Mysqloit, SQLmap, Onapsis X1 etc
- Forensic Software: FTK, F-Response, Encase, TASK
- Network Assessment: NMAP, Nipper, Wireshark, TCPdump
Preferred: Master's degree preferred.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATESRCCHPEN-HS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top