Cyber Risk Technical Resilience – (High Availability and Disaster Recovery) – Manager
Technical Resilience – (High Availability and Disaster Recovery) – Manager
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Lead teams tasked with designing, deploying, and assessing IT resilience, business continuity, disaster recovery, and crisis management solutions for client technical infrastructure, applications and business processes. Lead enhancement and execution of planning strategies, documentation, testing, and implementation in support of effective event preparation, response and recovery.
Implement and maintain the business resilience strategy and frameworks to mitigate the potential risks associated with material business interruptions (e.g., loss of technology, loss of workforce, loss of facility, etc.). Work across all aspects of the business, IT and support areas to define criticality of business functions and processes as identify alignment to technologies.
Lead consulting delivery across a diverse portfolio of clients and industry verticals. Lead clients in assessing, implementing, and managing enterprise wide business continuity and disaster recovery programs, including crisis management and emergency response.
- Lead development of detailed high availability and disaster recovery architectures for applications and systems in environments with multiple data centers, cloud-based solutions, and technology platforms with diverse storage operations, platforms, virtualization, networking, operating systems, and databases.
- Lead clients in assessing, implementing, and managing enterprise wide business continuity and disaster recovery programs, including crisis management and incident response. Direct technology transformation, business impact analysis, risk analysis, service continuity assessment, plan documentation, and testing activities.
- Support high-profile incident response activities including response to natural disasters, man-made disasters, cyber events, pandemics, and other crises scenarios.
- Simultaneously manage multiple consulting projects through completion of contracted services within schedule and budget restrictions.
- Provide leadership within a team of Deloitte and client professionals. Communicate clearly and concisely with executive leadership.
- Stay current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-education. Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo.
- Supervise staff including providing mentoring, training, and coaching.
- Support business development activities designing proposed services to client needs, developing resource & pricing models, and preparing formal client proposals.
- 7+ years IT experience
- 3+ years business development, proposal support, sales experience
- 3+ years dedicated disaster recovery/business continuity experience
- BA/BS in computer science, management information systems or related field or significant industry experience required. Masters degree preferred.
- Experience with large enterprise recovery solutions.
- Experience with data replication services such as tape-based backup, synchronous and asynchronous replication, SAN or database replication.
- Experience conducting disaster recovery, business continuity, incident response, or cyber war gaming exercises.
- Awareness of technological and program advancements in resilience
- Excellent communication skills: written, documentation, oral, listening, presentation
- Strong program management skills: Project Management, Contract Management, Resource Management, Conflict Resolution
- Self-starter. Ability to perform quality assurance and create first-class client deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated client & industry thought leadership
- Ability to leverage and maximize relationships for opportunity development.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Relevant certifications: CBCP, MBCP, ABCI, MBCI, FBCI, ITIL, PMP, or Certified Data Recovery Professional (CDRP)
- Experience directing BC/DR program activities.
- Experience with vendor tools such as VMware, VMware site recovery manager, IBM Global Mirror, IBM XRC, EMC SRDF, and/or Hitachi's Universal Replicator (HUR).
- Exposure to recovery in virtualized environments including Cloud technologies, Wintel and Unix/Linux Infrastructure IT environments, Wide Area Network (WAN) principles, and power distribution redundancy.
- Demonstrated experience in how to leverage internal relationships for opportunity development
- Skilled in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project.
Requisition code: E17NATEMGRSSRES-HS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top